Notices

urgent brass restrictor

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2009, 08:57 AM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urgent brass restrictor

hi guys. changing my turbo from a td 04 to vf23 an get remap asap but just wondering when i swap whether i have to keep resrtictor in or not. do want me car goin boom an wanna be safe an know if has to stay in or not. cheers jay
Old 20 June 2009, 06:10 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Ask your mapper. If you're retaining the stock two port boost control you will need a restrictor of some sort in situ - although it may end up being a different diameter orifice to the one you have now.

If you're going to swap to a three port, again as I think we've been through earlier, there are two distinct ways to run the pipes, one of which can utilise a restrictor, so again it's a case of setting it up in a manner your man is confident with.

If you just want to set the car up to drive to the mapper after doing all the swapping over, I'd be tempted to connect the compressor outlet direct to the wastegate nipple and run on actuator pressure (and a light foot). If you haven't already got the VF23 I'd seriously consider what you're looking for. By modern standards they're laggy for the output they're capable of.
Old 20 June 2009, 07:48 PM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

i already fitted it mate as u wrote this. at the time i cud not find a vf35 so thought of this as a vf22 got way more lag but anythin bigger than a td04. it feels ok up to now an booking at the mo with jgm so he will know how it works if i fooked it