Notices

Drove an 03 Blobeye WRX today. A few questions???

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2009, 07:27 PM
Linus27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove an 03 Blobeye WRX today. A few questions???

I test drove an 03 Blobeye today. It was pretty awsome and in mint condition. However, I do have a few questions which I would really appreciate some help on.

1. It has a Tiptop Performance stainless Steel Middle and rear exhaust on it. What are these like? Anyone know anything about them and if they are any good?

2. I have never driven a Turbo car before and I noticed at times a small lag when the revs are low (2000) and I pulling away, for example in 3rd. Once the turbo kicks in, the car goes like a rocket. Is this lag at lower revs normal?

3. The car I think has Boss Redline Alloys on them. Are these any good? I really fancy having the original standard alloys on it so I may sell the Boss Redlines.

Any help really appreciated. Thanks
Old 12 June 2009, 07:37 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

i presume its a 2 litre uk car what ive found is that the lower range ie setting off isnt very good youve got to get it goin if you know what i mean once in third thats when you see the difference if you want that pull in lower gears buy a sti as you will see the difference
Old 12 June 2009, 07:42 PM
adehook
Scooby Regular

2. I have never driven a Turbo car before and I noticed at times a small lag when the revs are low (2000) and I pulling away, for example in 3rd. Once the turbo kicks in, the car goes like a rocket. Is this lag at lower revs normal?

yes mate, mines the same (05) does make them bog down abit when pulling out etc.
but the pull from 3000 to 6000 is worth it
Old 12 June 2009, 07:53 PM
Linus27
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by adehook

yes mate, mines the same (05) does make them bog down abit when pulling out etc.
but the pull from 3000 to 6000 is worth it
Yeah, when the turbo kicked it, it was like a rocket.
Old 12 June 2009, 07:54 PM
Linus27
Scooby Regular

Oh, one more thing, the brake calipers were red. Is this standard for a WRX or are they an aftermarket caliper?