Notices

juddery after being left o/night

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2009, 03:43 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default juddery after being left o/night

hello everyone, just wondering wether this needs looking into. as above but also after being parked up at work for about 10.5- 11 hrs (so not a cold outside temp).. apart from this the car is fine, and it only does it at slow speeds / low revs. is it normal as it generally stops doing it after a minute or 2. my main concern is going on holiday soon for 3 weeks so dont fancy a headache on return. any ideas or recommendations please?
Old 14 June 2009, 10:21 AM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

30 views, no replies, anyone????
Old 14 June 2009, 11:17 AM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i take it you mean it wont tick over very well when its cold for the first few minutes?
if so mine did this and it was the coolant temp sensor.
Old 14 June 2009, 03:08 PM
Tomonsw
Scooby Regular

Default WRX juddering when left overnight

MY94 wrx is doing the same thing. First thing when I start it up and drive off, it runs like crap, judders, splutters etc. After a couple of minutes it was fine. Using the test connectors under the dash, I joined them up and went for a drive while the car was cold, and the car did its thing and the ecu recorded an error code of "32" oxygen sensor. After speaking with a few mechanics and subaru, they agree its most likely the o2 sensor as the ecu isnt receiving a signal, therefore ecu goes into "limp" mode and floods the car with fuel to protect it from running lean hence the bad running, too much fuel when cold, but when the car is warm, runs ok because the warmer temps can cope with the excess fuel.....?? Kinda makes sense to me, so I will be replacing my 02 sensor this week.
Old 14 June 2009, 03:34 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tomonsw
MY94 wrx is doing the same thing. First thing when I start it up and drive off, it runs like crap, judders, splutters etc. After a couple of minutes it was fine. Using the test connectors under the dash, I joined them up and went for a drive while the car was cold, and the car did its thing and the ecu recorded an error code of "32" oxygen sensor. After speaking with a few mechanics and subaru, they agree its most likely the o2 sensor as the ecu isnt receiving a signal, therefore ecu goes into "limp" mode and floods the car with fuel to protect it from running lean hence the bad running, too much fuel when cold, but when the car is warm, runs ok because the warmer temps can cope with the excess fuel.....?? Kinda makes sense to me, so I will be replacing my 02 sensor this week.
many thanks bud, thats exactly the same as me. i will get mine looked at this way and possibly replaced.
Old 15 June 2009, 12:40 AM
radboy69
Scooby Regular

have a v3type r and have same problem, have looked it up a few times and think it is just clutch judder whitch happens for a few minuets while the clutch gets warm....

not an expert but this happens every morrning on the way to work over last 18 months..

dan