Notices

Boost Creep @ High Revs

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2009, 05:25 AM
M0j0
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Creep @ High Revs

Hey all i've done the research thing with some/no luck .. I have a STI v2 with HKS induction and 3" Exhaust - No cats & S/S manifold and uppipe the car gets boost creep in 4th & 5th at high revs going to 1.1 bar .. i researched and found my car didnt have the pill in the boost system so i poped down to scooby and ordered one and once fitted my boost went down to steady 0.5 bar (should be 0.8/0.9? - may require the hole a tad bigger) but still does the creeping at full load.

I rang a few places to get some friendly advice with a few responses some better than others such as scoobyworld with "pay us and we'll get a technician to have a look at it" and scoobyclinic with "It's a common problem you'll need a stand alone ecu blah blah and it will sort it"

I no there companys and there here to make money but still some common cortersy is to help people and u'll get business out of me not responses such as pay me or noubt .. if i did that at my job i no where i'd be straight away down the job centre.

Still back to the point would a stand alone ecu help as i'm looking for a remap neway so it doesnt change out i just wanted some oponions on will it solve the boost creep problems having say a Apexi ecu fitted?

Cheers

Chris
Old 11 June 2009, 09:24 AM
Shmerman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Firstly have you done these mods without a remap after?
If you have was the boost breap not picked up when mapping
If not I would suggest you get one ASAP. It will not do anything to help with the boost creep but it will make the most of of the mods already done and more importantly.....make them safe.

Boost creap is not something that can be cured by a remap as i said. I think differnt induction pipes can exacerbate the situation.

The best cure is to have the wastegage ported. This allows the gases to escape faster and prevents the boost creap you are experiencing.