Notices

Few questions to get my Scoob back on the road.

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2009, 08:34 PM
YoungY25
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions to get my Scoob back on the road.

Hey folks, ill apologise as these questions will no doubt have been asked loads, but i cant seem to get the answer i need from the search results.

Ive aquired a MY96 Scooby which has been off the road for a few years and im trying to get it set up for its MOT. Ive already fully serviced it(found a mouse nest in the airbox!!), replaced the springs, replaced a headlight, had the front brakes rebuilt and replaced the rear calipers.

The only problems i have is that the speedo or odometer arent working. It jumps about between 60mph and 100mph when its going (at a guess) over 50mph but it doesnt work under that. Ive had a poke about and pulled out and reconnected a few plugs as mentioned in the search results, but its still not working. Even though its a pre-facelift, it doesnt have the mechanical speedo cable, its electronic. Anyone have any ideas before i replace the whole dash clocks? Transducer?

The other thing is that it simulates boost cut when its not actually on boost. Ive tried everything but to no avail. Only does it in 5th gear when cruising. There doesnt seem to be an pattern to it either. Its obviously a fueling issue, but ive replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump but its still happening.

Any advice would be great peeps.
Thanks