Notices

manual

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2009, 11:12 PM
jimes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manual

anybody have or know if theres a user manual for the power fc, not the commander manual......
Old 27 May 2009, 11:45 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

I have the PDF manual of the Power FC ECU module only (in English). It is for an Integra, but everything covered is relevent for any car.

Did you want me to email it to you?

Last edited by joz8968; 27 May 2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 27 May 2009, 11:48 PM
jimes
Scooby Regular

if its the the shortish install manual then i have seen that i think? im after a manual that goes into the settings and values, not sure this is one but for an ecu thats used by alot of people there is virtually no help in self mapping!
Old 27 May 2009, 11:54 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Yes, it is the short ECU installation manula i.e. no info on mapping it etc. Isn't that all covered in the Commander manuals though?
Old 28 May 2009, 12:03 AM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joz8968
I have the PDF manual of the Power FC ECU module only (in English). It is for an Integra, but everything covered is relevent for any car.

Did you want me to email it to you?
I have the same.
Old 28 May 2009, 12:05 AM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

The commander manual only shows you how to flick through the screens and what each step means.

I think the OP is after a Mapping manual TBH. And you will not find one of them as these units should be mapped by a pro only.

Although you could always speak to a mapper such as JGM or even a DIY enthusuast StickyMicky who has taught himself how to map these babies Good Luck

Last edited by STI_Baly; 28 May 2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 28 May 2009, 12:16 AM
jimes
Scooby Regular

to be honest im not too far away as i have wideband logger and det cans. need to get dataloggit really. just wanted a manual that covered everything
Old 28 May 2009, 12:19 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI_Baly
The commander manual only shows you how to flick through the screens and what each step means.

I think the OP is after a Mapping manual TBH. And you will not find one of them as these units should be mapped by a pro only...
Yeah, sorry Baly. I remembered that after I posted.

Yes, I've never seen a manual on how to map the PFC/Commander in the public domain, either.

Last edited by joz8968; 28 May 2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 28 May 2009, 08:55 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

It is a hell of a lot easier to do if you have a lead + software package to do it.

I know a load of "foreign" people only use the commander to map the car with, but you are missing out on some hidden stuff that is not available via the commander doing it this way, you will not really find any "help" online for various reasons.

you would also be making yourself a lot more work as the logging function of the commander is a bit pants

It took me quite a while to do mine as i took it in very small steps, and did loads of logging, i also had a few saved maps that i acquired myself to give me a general jist of what i should be looking at, doing it via the commander will not give you that option, i suppose it depends on how far away from the base map, your current engine spec actually is ?

as it stands now, i have about 50 maps saved on my laptop with small changes done in between each one, test, test, test and more test

i don't have my scooby anymore, and hence i have no idea for my apexi lead/dongle and software package, i suppose i should flog it really, but it will not work on early revisions of the GC8 PFC, and its a pita to install as its all in japanese

datalogit would be the best bet for you IMO

Last edited by StickyMicky; 28 May 2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 28 May 2009, 11:00 AM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
It is a hell of a lot easier to do if you have a lead + software package to do it.

I know a load of "foreign" people only use the commander to map the car with, but you are missing out on some hidden stuff that is not available via the commander doing it this way, you will not really find any "help" online for various reasons.

you would also be making yourself a lot more work as the logging function of the commander is a bit pants

It took me quite a while to do mine as i took it in very small steps, and did loads of logging, i also had a few saved maps that i acquired myself to give me a general jist of what i should be looking at, doing it via the commander will not give you that option, i suppose it depends on how far away from the base map, your current engine spec actually is ?

as it stands now, i have about 50 maps saved on my laptop with small changes done in between each one, test, test, test and more test

i don't have my scooby anymore, and hence i have no idea for my apexi lead/dongle and software package, i suppose i should flog it really, but it will not work on early revisions of the GC8 PFC, and its a pita to install as its all in japanese

datalogit would be the best bet for you IMO
Never knew you sold the motor mate.

Plus you should keep the programming gear you may be able to help a few people out. As i don't think it actually costs that much it;s just the installation pain. (if i remember correctly from your 1st installation post that is)
Old 28 May 2009, 07:56 PM
jimes
Scooby Regular

wanna sell software?! datalogit would be nice but theyre hard to get! im pretty much std wrx with td05 and sti pistons and tubular headers(already fitted) only thing not std is z32 maf as mine didnt have one before as it was running hks fcon v. had a z32 maf lying around so used that. would you recommend using the 8 airflow percentage points for mapping fuelling or cell by cell? warmup comp seems to be pretty rich at std settings,guess z32 maf would affect this? might have to bite the bullit and get simon norris to map it for me if he'd get in a scooby!