Throttle pedal switch

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2009, 11:00 AM
evo3500
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle pedal switch

Hi everyone,
My name is Simon, I am currently working on a kitcar we are about to put in to production. it has a a mid mounted Classic Subaru engine in it.
I am at the point now where I am trying to thin the wiring loom down a bit and shed a lot of the stuff I dont need. You can see more of the car at sdr Sports Cars the kit car manufacture of component cars

I have a couple of questions and would really appreciate your help,as I have spoken to a few members at Autosport and at the recent kitcar show and you all seem like a really helpful bunch of guys. The engine and wiring loom came from a 1996 subaru 555 manual sti jap import.

I dont have an exact wiring loom diagram which dosnt help but have identified most of the stuff. The one thing I cant find is on the throttle pedal itself there is a small microswitch which operates as soon as the pedal is pressed. I have checked the switch and it appears to be just on or off, the car is a manual transmission and it has 2 wires to it. I am just trying to find out what it does and to see whether it is needed to make the car run properly again,or can be left out of the reworked loom. Also are there any Subaru experts enthusiasts local to Oldham Manchester who might be able to help on the electrics if I get stuck,which could be likley ! Free beer tokens provided.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers Simon
Old 27 May 2009, 11:52 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi, good luck with the project and get some pics up,
Cant help you myself but this page may do,
https://www.scoobynet.com/technical-...w-updated.html