Notices

couple of sti version 3 questions for experts

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2009, 08:40 AM
turbomax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of sti version 3 questions for experts

hi people i have fitted a full 3" exhaust and up pipe headers etc. car now overboosting and hitting fuel cut at 1.5ish bar in 3rd 4th and 5th. its not creeping just spiking so here are my questions.

what does the standard ecu map to? injector flow rate and fuel pump handle it ok?
what is the standard pressure?

can you bypass the subaru boost circut and just have feed to actuator and feed to ecu?

is the spike because of the exhaust or ecu doing as it would normally and venting some off out of the subaru boost valve?

cheers max
Old 25 May 2009, 08:48 AM
Git_
Scooby Newbie

fitted a full decat to my ver 3 sti couple weeks ago, does the exact same thing as yours. Its having a simtek this thursday at powerstation
Old 25 May 2009, 08:59 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The decat is causing the car to overboost, you need to either fit a boost controller of get the car mapped. Otherwise you will blow the engine as at some point it will run lean due to the decat.

Banny
Old 25 May 2009, 10:30 AM
turbomax
Scooby Regular

boost controller it is then. how about any of the other bits about maps etc. thanks for the help max
Old 25 May 2009, 04:59 PM
turbomax
Scooby Regular

sorted it now! i tried different bits and bobs and the standard boost control system cant cope as the hole in the brass restricter is to small. i swapped it for a norm piece of pipe and cars runs at 0.8 bar or 0.7 bar with tailpipe bung in. i am going to drill it out to 1.4 and see if this is the right setting. thanks for your help max
Old 28 May 2009, 06:31 AM
davemoo1
Scooby Newbie

hi m8 dont no much about subarus but i tryed to fit a 3 inch full system and coudent get the right side nut off the 14 wos to big as it was all ready chewed so tryed a 13 no joy so put all the bolts back on but now will not start by key but will bump when it is started there is no blowing ps how much can i turn the actuator up by regards dave
Old 28 May 2009, 04:25 PM
turbomax
Scooby Regular

right quick update. it allready had a 0.9mm hole in it so i drilled it to 1.2mm and car makes just over a bar now. it really needs to be 1.1mm to get it just right. i will fill it with solder and re-drill it soon.

regards your boost question. dont turn it up get car working right first. with out knowing what the car is or spec cant be sure on how much boost to run.

cheers max