Notices

STI BOOST controller AND HOSE ESSEX

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2009, 06:36 PM
blacrat00
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI BOOST controller AND HOSE ESSEX

Hi i got a sti v2 had someone fit a electric boost controller fitted, im starting to think they didnt have a clue what they doing, im looking hearing about a pill being removed etc,,, i think they not taken minre out, mine is in psi,,, havent a clue between psi and bar,, anyone local to essex that can meet up have a look, as running over 18psi,, even though i set it to max 16psi, id be grateful

JJ
Old 23 May 2009, 10:52 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

If it has had an electronic boost controller fitted then it should have its own boost control module fitted. The restrictor pill is inside the OE vacuum hoses and should have become irrelevant, as it is not used now. Do you have a boost gauge fitted or does the electronic dash mounted controller have its own boost read-out?
Old 24 May 2009, 12:32 AM
Mocom Racing
Former Sponsor

With the standard top mounted intercooler you are right in thinking that 18psi is too much, combine that with a decat system and standard fuel pump and it's a recipe for disaster.
At the very least I would get the fuelling checked and ideally invest in a knock monitoring device such as the KnockLink or KS3.
Old 24 May 2009, 01:36 AM
blacrat00
Scooby Regular

Well the gauge is electric, its got a HKS AFR meter, roger clark crank cams pistons, Frnt mount intercooler FORGE, its got tons of stuff on it, the original solenoid is there and is also connected to the new boost solenoid, looks a mess what this guys done, i set boost to max 16psi carrys on going all through rev range to 6800 upto 18,6 psi, car not making noises or cutting out, but i want it checked, ANYBODY>>>> the new boost thing solenoids constantly ticking, except on tickover, all mods done b4 i got it except boost controller.
JJ