Notices

Idle issues - and I don't think it's the MAF

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2009, 01:17 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle issues - and I don't think it's the MAF

Trying to sort out this damn idle issue - car is in for a service at the dealership tomorrow so if I don't get it sorted I'll have them take a look - but..

Closed throttle the car is on the verge of stalling when warm - PSI3 shows the car is running lean, and ECU has thrown up the occasional A/F Trim Lean error code. I've swapped the MAF out for a new unit I had here (They're such a pain in the backside it made sense to have a good spare one around!), same symptoms. On even a slightly open throttle A/F mixture is good, hovering obediently around the 1.00.

I was worried it might be the IACV - so I gave it a clean - but when it's disconnected it reverts to the open position and idles at about 2000 - 2500 rpm; so I think it's working okay.

I'm thinking it might just be an air leak in the system somewhere (presumably small enough for the car to compensate for at anything other than closed throttle) - so I've just double checked all of the hoses, and identified the turbo outlet hose as having a slightly ropey jubilee clip; I'm going to replace that now.

Have I missed anything? As it is proving frustrating as hell at the moment!