Notices

2fast2cool fmic not the best fit?

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2009, 06:36 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2fast2cool fmic not the best fit?

hi just fitted fmic today got it from 2fast2cool on ebay i have a classic with 2003 engine conversion piping in 2 piece either side but joints just dont wanna line up at all it is all connected and clamped but there slightly squint so im unsure if this will do or not anyone???
used 2fast2cool etc??
Old 15 May 2009, 06:55 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Best thing to do is sell-on the 2fast2cool one and, instead, get a Hybrid GT Spec off harvey, These are apparently the best for the Classic in terms of cost, performance and ease of fitment, etc...

Last edited by joz8968; 15 May 2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 15 May 2009, 06:57 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

yeah if its no good ill have to get another obviously what sort of prices are they i think a litle bit of the problem maybe the new age engine in classic chassis
Old 15 May 2009, 11:09 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have no fitment problems with the Hybrid and these are available from stock for next day delivery.
Old 15 May 2009, 11:14 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

so are you a shop harvey im new on here but have seen a few people point towards yourself for bits? what sort of price are they and should there be any problems with it being a classic with a new age engine in it? bit annoyed i just bought that one!
Old 15 May 2009, 11:16 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by wrx fifer
hi just fitted fmic today got it from 2fast2cool on ebay i have a classic with 2003 engine conversion piping in 2 piece either side but joints just dont wanna line up at all it is all connected and clamped but there slightly squint so im unsure if this will do or not anyone???
used 2fast2cool etc??
Some pics of the joins would be helpful.
It may be possible to cut one pipe and put in an extra join with silicon hose. It would give a little flexibility and will save the cost and hassle of sourcing a new intercooler.
Old 15 May 2009, 11:33 PM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

Harvey's kits have been top notch for years. I remember when he started with the Hybrid kits about 4 years ago.

Mark A

Trending Topics

Old 15 May 2009, 11:36 PM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

Not had anything off them personally but I do hear good things about them...

As said, get a pic up of what won't fit etc...
Is it one of these?

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STi 1996-2000 TOP MOUNT INTERCOOLER on eBay, also Engine Tuning Parts, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 14-Jun-09 18:34:13 BST)
Old 15 May 2009, 11:42 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

no its the front mount and right ill take 2 or 3 pics in the morning and post them so you can see and maybe a cut and join would help as you say would have to get more pipe though where would i get 1 bit?
Old 16 May 2009, 10:22 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fifey : I am not a shop just an enthusiast whose hobby has grown and grown. I am involved in a garage where we do a lot of Subaru work amongst lots of other interesting stuff so my main lines are Hybrid intercoolers that I have been importing for about six years, Hybrid electronic boost controllers, ported headers, special uppipes developed after a lot of flow bench work and an innovative short shift that allows for adjustment of the throw.
I also own 3 Subarus that are on the road at present, another one that was a former Scooby Shootout winner waiting for me to find the time to put a highly developed engine back in and I have a fifth one "in build". Four are Wagons and one is an STi UK.
The fun is getting big power out of them from minimal expenditure and because of all this we modify a lot of customer cars and put packages together for them.

There would be no problem fitting the Hybrid FMIC kit just because you have a New Age engine, however, as Daz points out, the cheapest option might be to make the best of a bad job by cutting the hard pipes at strategic points and adding a joiner and clamps so that the pipes can articulate and this will negate to a certain extent the poor fit on the existing kit. Not an ideal solution but certainly one way to make use of the kit.
I will have plenty joiners and clamps in stock if you need any.

Harvey's kits have been top notch for years. I remember when he started with the Hybrid kits about 4 years ago.
Mark : You are very modest because you were instrumental in our bringing Hybrid to the UK in the first place. Four years ago. I wish. Come this November I think it will be six !!! Good luck mate.