Notices

chipping my 94 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2002, 02:54 AM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.is it possable to chip my 94 wrx (import)if so who do you recommend and does it have to be set up on a dyno?(it has full kakimoto exhaust??? and a piper x induction kit)
2.what should the boost be set at on a standard car cos mine is running 1.2 bar wich seems high!(it sometimes missfires on full boost,could this be a spark plug problem or could it be boost related)?
i have only had the car for approx 2 weeks and love it to bits,
much better car than my previous cosworth 4x4!!!
any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks
Old 03 March 2002, 04:18 AM
subster
Scooby Regular

jonny, watching the grand prix I presume you are
I am gettimg my sti chipped this week with unichip (£530).I definately wanted somewhere with a rolling road,I was at an rr a couple of weeks ago and there was 2 cars that seemed to be mapped wrong, it will be good to see it chipped on the rr pulling max bhp and torque levels if somethings wrong it should show up
I think they are going to set the boost at 1.2 bar, that is also on a P1 so I don't think your boost is outrageous
I am going to John nobles Chester field so probably no good for you
someone will recommend somewhere close
Old 03 March 2002, 11:24 AM
lumby
Scooby Regular

John

I have a 94 WRX and have just fitted a turbosmart boost controller , the car normally runs about 0.7 -0.8 bar i think the boost/fuel cut kicks in at 1.1 bar .This device alters the boost .

I would be wary taking it above 1.2 bar that seems quite high , you need to ensure its fueling right. When I put the boost up to 1.0 bar i did get a noise that souned like pinking , could well have been wastegate flutter through the cone filter , but its put me off increasing the boost any further until its set up properly.

This said if you get it set up professionally , then its a different story ! Clearly you need to get the fuel/iginition etc sorted not just the boost to ensure its just right
Old 06 March 2002, 10:32 AM
Scooby Racer
Scooby Regular

Question

If you want a cheap and safe upgrade then I have a chip from a Prodrive Performance Package ECU. I've been running it on my 93WRX with no problem. You'd just need to get a socket fitted to the ECU board if there's not one already there.
I'm after around £100 for it.