Notices

TMIC ?

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2009, 04:45 PM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TMIC ?

If you had a newage wrx with a standard tmic and replaced it with an sti tmic,or you had an sti and replaced it with a "hyperflow"tmic, would your power increase without any other mods??? or would you need a re-map before you got any gain. Sorry for the silly question,I`m a bit of a
Old 13 May 2009, 05:54 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it wont exactly gain you power,it keeps the charge temperatures cooler,the standard intercoolers are good for 300-350 bhp mate.
Old 13 May 2009, 08:12 PM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

So if I fit a hyperflow into a sti, I`m not going to gain anything unless I do "supporting" mods too. The decrease in air temperature alone wont gain me any more ooomph?
Old 13 May 2009, 08:39 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

Default help please

ok i know this is not really related i had a few scoobies but never worked on them and am trying to do alot myself any advice is welcome i have 2003 wrx engine conversion in a 2001 classic sport its 270bhp at dastek but trying to get over 300 im fitting fmic with t piece for vta valve so i got turbosmart fine and new silicone inlet/induction hose do i just bung where the hose went to the recirc on tmic before? as theres no where for this now? im just unsure after i got this on its going to dastek next week for bigger injectors,7b plugs and a vf35 turbo then its booked in to andy forrest on 5th for re-map just dont want to make an **** of it masel lol and yes i have to now as its on axle stands outside ma hoose completely dimantled before you all say dont bother lol any guidance would be appreciated im new on here and unsure where to write and how to get in to bits lol cheers grant
Old 13 May 2009, 08:58 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hammer man
So if I fit a hyperflow into a sti, I`m not going to gain anything unless I do "supporting" mods too. The decrease in air temperature alone wont gain me any more ooomph?
it may gain u a very small amount,but not really worth doing unless u get supporting mods.
Old 14 May 2009, 03:54 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx fifer
ok i know this is not really related i had a few scoobies but never worked on them and am trying to do alot myself any advice is welcome i have 2003 wrx engine conversion in a 2001 classic sport its 270bhp at dastek but trying to get over 300 im fitting fmic with t piece for vta valve so i got turbosmart fine and new silicone inlet/induction hose do i just bung where the hose went to the recirc on tmic before? as theres no where for this now? im just unsure after i got this on its going to dastek next week for bigger injectors,7b plugs and a vf35 turbo then its booked in to andy forrest on 5th for re-map just dont want to make an **** of it masel lol and yes i have to now as its on axle stands outside ma hoose completely dimantled before you all say dont bother lol any guidance would be appreciated im new on here and unsure where to write and how to get in to bits lol cheers grant
welcome to the forum

post your own thread about this, you'll have more of the knowledgable people see it, and get your answer
Old 14 May 2009, 05:14 PM
daijones
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hammer man
Depends on the intercooler to an extent. You may get some benefit from a more efficient intercooler, meaning less pressure drop as the air passes from the turbo into the engine intake so you get more out of the turbo. A less restrictive intercooler may help spool up times. I don't know the hyperflow, but I fitted a Process West TMIC to my WRX without a remap, and found the engine to be a little bit more responsive and with a little bit more power. I may have imagined it though!

D

Trending Topics

Old 14 May 2009, 08:53 PM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice
Old 14 May 2009, 09:29 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

The standard newage tmic is already very efficiant and good for upto 400bhp
Spending money on a hyperflow tmic just seems a waste of money and you may end up losing power.
Whenever you fit a new intercooler its always advised to get the car remapped to get the most out of it, and also for safety reasons