Notices

exhaust advice for a classic

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2009, 02:11 PM
phillyctr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust advice for a classic

right folks when i got my classic it was fitted with a custom cobra system,i loved it but the missies hated it and was worried bout the kids hearing,i admit it was pretty damn loud,my local scooby garage had a sti backbox with he did a swap for,i happy with it,but sounds like my scooby has had his ***** cut off.

what options have i got for a backbox that will still give me a nice rumble and sound without being too gobby.
Old 04 April 2009, 07:42 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think Hayward & Scott ones are of unsurpassed quality and are quiet off throttle but have a nice burble when booting it - without being over the top. They make a branded one for Scooby World, called 'The Racebox'. It's quite understated (looks like a P1 back box from memory with, I think, a 3.5" outlet), but really looks nice and OEM-looking.

Or there's a similar one sold by TSL - the 'Gp.N back box' with either a 3" or 4" outlet. similar to the Racebox in looks and sound (I think).

Or there're Revolution ones - I understand these to also be WAG-friendly!

Last edited by joz8968; 04 April 2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04 April 2009, 07:48 PM
scoobyc
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you dont want too loud go for the H&S scoobysport style one (think the same as "racebox" above). Its not jap style. looks standard and sounds perfect..for me atleast.

I have been told the prodrive BB's provide more rumble if cost is an issue..
Old 04 April 2009, 10:12 PM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a FULL H&S from the turbo back (full decat) and its nice and subtle off throttle. (Kids sleep easy enough!) If you give it the beans, it roars like a lion. I like the fact it looks pretty standard with the 3.5" tailpipe.

Proby
Old 04 April 2009, 10:44 PM
s c o o b y
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=joz8968;8621038]I think Hayward & Scott ones are of unsurpassed quality and are quiet off throttle but have a nice burble when booting it - without being over the top. They make a branded one for Scooby World, called 'The Racebox'. It's quite understated (looks like a P1 back box from memory with, I think, a 3.5" outlet), but really looks nice and OEM-looking.

Or there's a similar one sold by TSL - the 'Gp.N back box' with either a 3" or 4" outlet. similar to the Racebox in looks and sound (I think).

Or there're Revolution ones - I understand these to also be WAG-friendly! :lol1

hi

i've got the tsl group n back box full decat from the turbo and its not loud on low throttle but sounds the biz on full throttle and pops alittle aswell sounds awsum.

jamie