Notices

I'm Going To Scream!!!

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2009, 05:41 PM
blueg14rep
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Going To Scream!!!

Hi, Last night I started this project and now i'm really sorry i started it! On my 95 impreza import the dash lights are rubbish even with the green rubber covers pulled off. So I got someone to do that last summer and I still wasn't happy but left it. But last night I thought i would try again so I pulled the dash clocks out to change the bulbs to blue leds.

They look lush i got to be honest, But now the speedo doesn't work and the rev counter needle is really sticky, The only way it works right is when you pull the needle out really far but as it's coming back down it seems to get stuck.

I swear i'm going mental, I dont really care if the rev counter doesn't work. But i want the speedo work, I have pulled it off about 20 times and had 3 different people try it. It is on as far as it will go on the back of the clocks and i've had a look on the gearbox and it feels tight on there.

There is a black box half way down the speedo cable which i'm told is the converter off kph to mph! Would this have a fuse or something in it stopping the speedo working!

I cant cope with this car, simple jobs turn into massive and stressfull ones!

PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOME HELP ME!!!!
Old 17 February 2009, 06:21 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Had the same problem with the rev counter on a BM i had, after pulling the needle away and even bending the needle away from the face of the clock, it turned out the face of the clock had started to come away (like an air bubble on wallpaper) and was stopping the needle Hth
As for the speedo, all i can suggest is, put your hand up the back of the dash and make sure its properly in at the back of the clock and then work your way back (cant help with converter, aint got one).
Old 17 February 2009, 06:40 PM
blueg14rep
Scooby Regular

Ok thanks, I'll have to pull it off the box i think and see whats going on! Pull it completely out of the car and see if it has any break or lose connections.

I just cant believe buy just pulling it off the clocks it would be such a hassle do get working again!
Old 17 February 2009, 06:52 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Had my instument panel out twice last weekend fitting an alarm and ended up re-routing the speedo cable as it ran under a cross member instead of thru it, this made the cable i little longer (more direct route) and isn't such a beach now to relocate