Notices

locked ecu? 2002 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2009, 02:55 PM
jaseamondo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locked ecu? 2002 wrx

Would just hooking up to ecu-tek on my car lock out the ecu? It was never actually tuned as i was un-aware of the turbo up-pipe cat at the time. I had told tuner that the car was de-cated so he hooked up his computer but when he actually opened bonnet he realized and stopped to let me get the up-pipe issue sorted. so no new file was ever loaded, Now i have done up-pipe( almost a year has passed) . I have decided after a fair amount of research to go open source tuning instead . The ecu seems to be locked though ( I know about the green connectors and the jumpers on the flash block)
I also heard that its possible that it could have been locked out after a re-call form subaru to fix a ecu problem( this would have been before i got the car if at all), and if this was the case my ecu would have a white sticker on it instead of the normal silver one(it is white but i have no way of knowing if this is fact or not)

But no matter what i've got a locked ecu and no idea what to do next.

ps
The original tuner is hours and hours away and i would feel embarresed to go back to him after such a long time and also as i aint using him now. HELP PLEASE