Can I get my tracker out of my car

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2002, 10:37 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Hi All,

Now I know this might sound like Im trying to rob a car or something, but my car is destin for the bin, but has a tracker in it. Seems a waste to bung it away, but Im told you cant take them out once fitted.

Can anyone tell me what the dam thing looks like, size colour etc would be handy then I can have ago at looking for it. Seems a shame to put 500 quid down the drain. If anyone wants to email me on where good places to look are then please do. But dont post up as that seems a security risk.

a_d_powell@hotmail.com
Old 23 February 2002, 11:21 AM
Edward
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone does know this information I would ask that you don't email it to anyone, once information like this is freely available it reduces the security for everyone with a Tracker.

ADP – why don’t you contact your installer and ask them to remove it ?

E.
Old 23 February 2002, 10:19 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Is that possible do you know? If it is then thanks for the advice, I was under the impression it was a fit once only item?

No the last thing I want is to make these things less worth while (though I imagine any top crims know what they look like now anyway - my boss had his Boxster robbed they parked it in an empty car park, the cops say they do this and then come back 2 or 3 days later assuming that the tracker people would have picked it up by then. If its still there, they assume it has no tracking devices)
Old 24 February 2002, 11:42 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

It seems even if I were to find it, I cant transfer it anyway. Tracker say you just have to sell the tracker with the car as it increases the value of the car. Thats ok, but my cars going to the race track in the sky.
Old 24 February 2002, 04:22 PM
Nigel Bowles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most people fit the tracker in the same place on a scoob ... wont tell u where on here or everyone's will be useless if the little scum know where to remove it from.
Tracker claim that they can not transfer at the request of the police.
Seems like a con to me as I have paint the £299, lifetime membership. They failed to tell me about it being the lifetime of my car ownership ...