Notices

Magnex 6x4 vs Blitz Nur Spec R

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2009, 12:35 AM
davers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnex 6x4 vs Blitz Nur Spec R

Ok ive always wanted a scooby.. now ive had my Jap 97 WRX a few months i want my 1st mod. I always thought the magnex 6x4 was the best looking and sounding exhaust for the impreza, just looks like it was made for it.

Had a load of trouble with demon tweeks, they couldnt get one coz magnex have gone bust, recommended a scorpion 4" pipe, ended up finding a brand new 6x4 magnex on a shelf somewhere.. job done..

no.. ive discovered the Blitz Nur Spec R, just sounds like a beast, looks top too, even thought ive always tried to avoid big pipes, they usually suited (or not to be fair) to saxos and corsa kids

Whos got either of the 2, its gonna be decatted at the centre pipe too. Money is too much of a worry to be fair, the cost difference is big but not really an issue, any pro's con's. just trying to test the water really..

compare:

Magnex

YouTube - impreza magnex decat exhaust & baileys dump valve

YouTube - subaru impreza magnex decat exhaust sound clip

Blitz

YouTube - WRX STi launch w/ blitz nur spec exhaust

YouTube - Blitz Nur Spec R Impreza MY96

K&N panel filter next, and maybe decide about the down pipe cat and a remap after that. Pro race 1.2's aswell and some 4pots

Last edited by davers; 11 February 2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11 February 2009, 02:00 AM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

I've had both as it happens. What does'nt come through on those videos is the volume difference.
The magnex is one of the quieter aftermarket exhausts, sounds purposeful, and will never drone on long journeys. The nur spec r is just about the loudest exhaust you will find, it shouts all the time! I love it tbh, both sound lovely in my opinion. I just wish i could have the magnex for weekdays, and the blitz for weekends.

You could'nt have picked two exhausts that are at totally opposite ends of the spectrum really, best advice i would give is listen to them both in the flesh, maybe at a local meet?

Debbie.
Old 11 February 2009, 09:42 AM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

I'd get something somewhere in between the two TBH or the Blitz.
Scoob's are about the only car you can get away with putting a chimney on it without looking like a ****.

Take advantage
Old 11 February 2009, 09:57 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris.B
...Scoob's are about the only car you can get away with putting a chimney on it without looking like a ****...
Skylines more so - especially R33 lol

Last edited by joz8968; 14 February 2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11 February 2009, 04:41 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

magnex will be quiet till you boot it then reasonably loud

volume levels of a blitz nurspec is comparable to starting the car with just a downpipe and no exhaust at all

gets on your tat ends after a while and you cant have a conversation/listen to the radio its so loud.

Plus somewhere along the line you WILL **** your neighbours off.
Old 11 February 2009, 06:39 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ianm1983
...Plus somewhere along the line you WILL **** your neighbours off...
...and one morning find an anvil sitting in the middle of the bonnet.

Probably.
Old 11 February 2009, 07:18 PM
Mrchips
Scooby Regular

I've got a magnex for sale. PM if interested.
Old 12 February 2009, 12:56 AM
davers
Scooby Regular

great so ive picked the 2 most incomparable exhausts possible. the practicalities of the blitz dont really bother me, aslong as it doesnt sound chavvy im not fussed.

As for the neighbours thing, well i live in a apartment with an underground car park, would shake the whole place hahaha!! but seing as ive had to move from one floor to another because the 8 polish people above me didnt know how to walk round without shaking the whole house, ive lost all consideration for anyone else in there!!!

Debbie, great advice, need to find some local kind of scooby meet in the Northwest area.. my sensible side says magnex, my naughty side says blitz.

Mrchips il let you know, wanna try and see the things in the flesh.
Old 12 February 2009, 01:17 AM
maydew
Scooby Regular

afterburner from scoobyworld is a good between,i had the nur spec and it was very loud
Old 12 February 2009, 05:48 PM
Melly
Scooby Regular

I have a nurby fitted to my scoob. I have them fitted to all my Jap cars as i just love the noise and tone if them. I will say that it is a loud exhaust especially on cold start up but when it's up to temp it is not so bad. When on a run you are always aware of it but not to the point you cant speak to folk sitting in the car with you. The quality and finish of the blitz is very good and worth the money but do remember that it tapers down to 2.5" from 3" just before where it mates to the d/p.

Cheers
Melly
Old 12 February 2009, 06:12 PM
MK2VTR8VALVE
Scooby Regular

I'm a fan of Blitz Nur Spec too...if it gets too loud just stick the bung in. Best of both worlds
Old 13 February 2009, 05:21 PM
SILVERSCOOB81
Scooby Regular

I Have the blitz nur fitted to my wrx sounds the nuts had the hks supperdragger before that but the blitz wins it for me
Old 14 February 2009, 10:02 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chris.B
Scoob's are about the only car you can get away with putting a chimney on it without looking like a ****.

I'm sorry but the only people who will agree with you are those who paid an exorbitant amount of money for a nur specR.

To everyone else it looks like you used to own a saxo

Stick with the magnex and you will be thankful the first time you spend over half an hour on the motorway
Old 14 February 2009, 10:06 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davers
aslong as it doesnt sound chavvy im not fussed.
one man's legend is another mans chavvy

It just gives the impression you're compensating for something.

by MK2VTR8VALVE "I'm a fan of Blitz Nur Spec too...if it gets too loud just stick the bung in. Best of both worlds"
Putting the bung in strangles the exhaust's capabilities, why not get one thats the same dB as with the bung in and be ok?
Old 17 February 2009, 12:02 AM
davers
Scooby Regular

well ive decided on the magnex. Green fast machine on here only lives just down the road from me and he has one, popped round, and made my decision.

Wouldnt mind a blitz but hmm.. see how the magnex goes, nothing stopping me getting one in the future.
Old 17 February 2009, 12:32 AM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

I actually think the magnex suits the car better looks wise, it's far more oe looking, yet is a dramatic difference noise wise over standard.
You will probably hear a nur spec and want one now, but tbh you sometimes wish they had a volume control. At least with the magnex you can here the induction side of things
Old 17 February 2009, 12:39 AM
davers
Scooby Regular

yeah i saw a red classic in my town the same day i went round steves to check out his magnex, i was at a cash machine and this guy was picking his missus up, car was obviously cold, but sounded a bit crap to be honest, sounded ok when he was pulling off at speed, but as he was doing a 3 point turn, just didnt sound too nice, like i say maybe coz you could see it had only just been fired up. but dunno.. theres still time hahaha!

Do agree though that the magnex looks like it was made for the car!
Old 13 May 2009, 01:05 AM
davers
Scooby Regular

well the magnex never materialised and now i cant find one anywhere.. i MUST have this exhaust!
Old 13 May 2009, 01:17 AM
drischnie
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am from germany, so my english isnt very good. can anyone explain me this?:

magnex will be quiet till you boot it then reasonably loud
what means "till you boot it" ??

P.S.: i have three impreza turbos, MY96, MY99, and MY04 STi, and all with Magnex :-)
Old 13 May 2009, 07:50 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

boot it is English slang for "accelerate very quickly"
The magnex exhaust is not too noisey at low speed and in towns, but under hard acceleration it makes a nice noise
Old 13 May 2009, 04:40 PM
nerocircus
Scooby Regular

I've got the magnex 6x4 too. I've always liked it, and it makes a great sound without pi55in people off, but after nearly a year am now fancying something a bit meatier!

Someone's selling a TSL Firestorm on here which I've made an offer on...I've been led to believe that it's not gonna be quite as loud as a nur spec, which is good...

Anyhow, point is, if this lad accepts me offer for the firestorm, I may have my magnex up for sale in the near future (providing the firestorm isn't way over the top loud!)

Drop me a PM if you're still lookin for one in a couple weeks.
Old 13 May 2009, 05:37 PM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

Old 13 May 2009, 06:22 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by nerocircus
I've got the magnex 6x4 too. I've always liked it, and it makes a great sound without pi55in people off, but after nearly a year am now fancying something a bit meatier!

Someone's selling a TSL Firestorm on here which I've made an offer on...I've been led to believe that it's not gonna be quite as loud as a nur spec, which is good...

Anyhow, point is, if this lad accepts me offer for the firestorm, I may have my magnex up for sale in the near future (providing the firestorm isn't way over the top loud!)

Have you read TSL's summary of it! They claim that it's not quiet, put it that way!

I've heard the Ti-phoon version (same but with a burnt-tip-effect slash-cut tail), and it was well loud at manoevering/parking speeds. I'll wager that it's very close to the Nur Spec in dB level (although I've not heard either at full chat).

Why not put a thread out asking those who have the Firestorm fitted, and arrange to meet up with the most local member so as to gauge your judgement of it, before parting with any significant cashstuffs lol...

Last edited by joz8968; 13 May 2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 13 May 2009, 06:26 PM
davers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nerocircus

nice 1 mate will do. might of found one now, but will keep you in mind. cheers
Old 14 May 2009, 10:15 AM
nerocircus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968
Have you read TSL's summary of it! They claim that it's not quiet, put it that way!

I've heard the Ti-phoon version (same but with a burnt-tip-effect slash-cut tail), and it was well loud at manoevering/parking speeds. I'll wager that it's very close to the Nur Spec in dB level (although I've not heard either at full chat).

Why not put a thread out asking those who have the Firestorm fitted, and arrange to meet up with the most local member so as to gauge your judgement of it, before parting with any significant cashstuffs lol...
Cheers Joz, good idea mate. LOVE the looks of it, really want something that looks just like it, with a bit of meat to it's bones volume-wise, but don't want it to loosen my bowels when I put me foot down!

I'll stick a post up on me local site, but in the meantime, do you have any other recommendations while I'm here?
Old 14 May 2009, 10:34 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

It's earplug time!...

Roger Clark Motorsport - RCM Product Detail

Its straight-through centre too:-

Roger Clark Motorsport - RCM Product Detail

Old 14 May 2009, 12:14 PM
davers
Scooby Regular

whats the score with matching up centre decats? ive found a back box so far but not a centre decat. does it have to be a magnex one for it to mate up, because id asume there some difference in the flange between manufacturers
Old 14 May 2009, 07:37 PM
fattygez
Scooby Regular

nur spec all the way i love mine had it about 6 months and would`nt change it for anything else

the neighbours
Old 14 May 2009, 07:44 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

sorry to hijack buts whats the best exhaust for power?
Old 14 May 2009, 07:50 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

I went from magnex 6x4 to nur spec about 6 weeks ago, my favourite mod so far

Quick Reply: Magnex 6x4 vs Blitz Nur Spec R