Notices

Anti lift (whiteline ?)

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2009, 05:55 PM
Jarek
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti lift (whiteline ?)

Call me thick but what is anti lift ? Is it worth having on a mostly road going Impreza same question about alloy drop links for a/roll bar. Has anyone heard of a scooby breaker in the High Wycombe area?
Old 02 February 2009, 06:43 PM
daijones
Scooby Regular

There's a big debate on here about the merits or not of the kit. The kit actually reduces anti-lift geometry built into the car - it's a kit to modify the anti-lift function, if you like. The efficacy of it is debated, if nothing else because when fitting an ALK people typically get a wheel alignment done, which in itself will improve handling - Subaru's standard settings from the factory are all over the place, with lots of variability possible on the production line. Presumably fine tuning each car's geometry before sending it out of the factory would be too expensive; in any case manufacturers tend to play safe dialling in understeer etc. Certainly a proper four wheel alignment will likely make a noticeable difference to handling on its own. For what it's worth though I swear by the ALK,had it on my last WRX and when that got written off it was the first thing I did to my new one. The car turns in more sharply, the steering feels more positive, and the car seems better able to put the power down in a bend. That was though in the context of a Powerstation handling kit - ALK, stiffer roll bars with drop links, and an alignment. I couldn't definitely isolate the separate effect of the ALK, but I wouldn't expect the roll bar change, say, to have the effects listed above. The package as a whole is great, well worth the cost

D
Old 02 February 2009, 09:33 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Yes ! As stated the package is a cost effective up-grade, I've got the lot

Now up-grading to Tein coilovers as mine seems tired after seven years use.

HTH

dunx
Old 03 February 2009, 09:58 AM
D1CCY
Scooby Regular

Good explanation from Dai. Kit actually causes slightly more lift as it dials out the anti lift built into the car. This increase not noticeable in practice. As suspension bushes are relieved of the rotational loads anti lift causes it can then work better keeping the front wheels in contact with the road. For me the main noticeable difference is more front end grip under power in slower corners (ie roundabouts).