Help please: fitting cool radiator

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2008, 03:09 AM
daijones
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please: fitting cool radiator

Hi all

I've just taken delivery of a Zero/Sports Cool Radiator from Scoobyparts. It looks promising but the installation instructions are in Japanese. I can work out that you remove the bolts, slot the plate in place and put the bolts back in, it's the foam that's bothering me. There are two lengths of thick foam, about 12" each, that seem to go vertically on either side of the radiator; two thin short strips of foam on a card that seem to be cut up to screen off various holes; but then one long, relatively thin strip of foam that I can find no reference to in the fitting instructions - probably because I don't read Japanese! The two possibilities that occur to me are to stick it on the bottom of the plate before fitting, or to fit it across the bottom of the radiator, forming a three sided foam box with the two thick pieces. Anyone know what the right use for the foam is?

Cheers in advance

Dai
Old 21 December 2008, 01:09 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Isn't the foam/cardboard simply transit packing... therefore intended to be thrown away?
Old 21 December 2008, 01:32 PM
alpha charlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968
Isn't the foam/cardboard simply transit packing... therefore intended to be thrown away?
I seem to remember it being like draft excluder foam thats self adhesive and does go on somewhere. I dont read Japanese so must have found instuctions somewhere to fit mine

Cheers
AC
Old 21 December 2008, 03:02 PM
daijones
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alpha charlie
I seem to remember it being like draft excluder foam thats self adhesive and does go on somewhere. I dont read Japanese so must have found instuctions somewhere to fit mine

Cheers
AC
It is indeed like draft excluder foam, the various strips are all included in the parts list so must have an actual use. The diagrams in the Japanese instructions show where to put the two thick blocks, but not the long thin one. Have searched around for instructions but found nothing sadly, although the amount of advice I got back on installing central heating systems suggests I could do with improving my search skills!!

D
Old 21 December 2008, 03:18 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by daijones
...although the amount of advice I got back on installing central heating systems suggests I could do with improving my search skills!!...
That's not your fault chap lol... most people on here complain about the (previously, perfectly functioning) search facility.

Last edited by joz8968; 21 December 2008 at 03:19 PM.