Notices

Help - Auto WRX stalling!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2008, 08:35 PM
hostagewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Auto WRX stalling!!!!!!

Anyone with information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 1994 Jap WRX with an auto box. It has been stalling whilst driving for over a few months now. It stalls randomly but only when either idling or backing off on accelerator. NO engine check lights, AS Performance have checked it over and cant find anything.

I can feel the car dying of power and if I put my foot down it blasts into life, if I dont ie my foot isnt on the accelerator quick enough it stalls ... then you have to get it into park before it restarts, restarts fine and off you go.

After the stall and it restarts the 'power' light flashes a couple of times and then goes out.

It stalls/attempts to stall once every 40 miles or so, no specific reasons, normally after 20 to 25 minutes of running.

Anyone any ideas????????

Cheers

Paul
Old 16 December 2008, 04:49 PM
BURTON
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi i have a auto wrx and i had thoose types of problems when my header tank was leaking into my coil packs , How does it drive if you use 1-3 on the shifter ?
Trying to get any info on the autos is verry hard due to the autos being jdm only (the american ones have the same box but differnt setup)

Last edited by BURTON; 16 December 2008 at 04:53 PM.