Notices

rolling road results

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2008, 04:49 PM
Mrfastbaz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rolling road results

just got home from Westons performance . They had a MR 2 rolling road day and my son who has an MR2 took me along in the scoob I was firts on the rollers it is an 05 WRX with the prodrive performance pack... on the road it goes well and I was just interested in seeing what the output was I was a little bit dissapointed as I have read that the ppp pack is suppossed to be around 265 /270 bhp at the fly and about 270 il/ft toque mine gave 251.7 bhp at fly and 262 lb/ft toque max... as I say the car is great and quick on the road but i felt a little let down with the results..... Has anyone else experienced westons rolling road do you know how accurate it is there will always be some differnece between different rolling roads i know that,,, westons did saty they thought the timing may be slightly out which was causing the slight drop in power...... and reackoned with their remap could push the power upto around 280 bhp ......... my son was happy though so all is not bad he got 169 bhp from his standard MR2 mk11 2 litre 16 valve N/A with nearly 100000 miles on the clock which is down about 9 bhp from when it was new figures
Old 15 November 2008, 06:09 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would not worry about it, as long as the car drives good on the roads, as that is where it counts.

you could go there another day, and get different results again.

so many different things can get you more or less bhp on a RR.
tire pressure, diff oils hot, air temp, and the rollers them self etc etc
Old 15 November 2008, 06:09 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Don't worry if yours feels o.k., they are in the business of selling speed to the power hungry...

DunxC

Worth a re-map if you do a few mods tho'.
Old 15 November 2008, 06:14 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

How did everyone else find their figures? If the rollers arent accurate you wont be the only one with a disappointing figure.
Old 15 November 2008, 07:25 PM
Mrfastbaz
Scooby Regular

there was a mark 3 turbo mr2 which had given about 220 bhp earlier this year somewhere else and he got 209 bhp at the fly today so i suppose the slight drop in bhp could be down to the different rollers..... i am pleased with the performance of my car overall and as you say that is what matters just gto to save some pennies for a bit and then STI beackons in a year or so
Old 16 November 2008, 10:49 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

You results are within 5% of book figures and all sorts of things can influence the figures.
What fuel do you run? PPP really needs something like V Power to get the best out of it.

nick
Old 16 November 2008, 11:44 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Butty
You results are within 5% of book figures and all sorts of things can influence the figures.
What fuel do you run? PPP really needs something like V Power to get the best out of it.

nick
There are too many variables when it comes to R/R figures, especially with turbo cars. Air temp. (and thus charge temp.) humidity, what gear the run was carried out in etc. Depending on the gear used and the loading of the rollers, it may not actually make the boost figure you might see on the road. I wonder what he meant when he said "the timing might be slightly out" Maybe could do with more advance or, the ECU was pulling back the advance if it was detecting a little bit of det?
Looks like you've got the "my motor's not as good as everyone elses" syndrome that we all go through every now and again!
Remember, it's not the max power figure that's important, it's the shape of the power and torque curve on the way up in the usable range of 3 - 6k rpm

JohnD

Last edited by JohnD; 16 November 2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 16 November 2008, 11:59 AM
Mrfastbaz
Scooby Regular

ye hear what you are saying..... always have run on shell v power used it in my leon fr before my scoob and always noticed a big dfference in its perfomance over bp or others so will only use in my scoob. the runs were all done in 4th gear just for info.... must start saving for the STI next year thats the answer........ this scooby ownership really grips you doesnt it..........and I dont mean the 4 wheel drive....
Old 16 November 2008, 02:17 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Trouble is, you'll be modding the STi, as in standard form, it'll be no better than what you've got!

JohnD
Old 16 November 2008, 03:28 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

You can get a huge difference between RR's. Mine was mapped at Teg and gave 310, on Racinglines RR with no changes a few months later it was 324 and last week at Motor Scope it was 338!

So I have gained nearly 30 brake by just visiting different RR's.
Old 16 November 2008, 03:46 PM
Mrfastbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
Trouble is, you'll be modding the STi, as in standard form, it'll be no better than what you've got!

JohnD

I suppose not, but an sti does have the chance to open more doors to retune whereas a wrx from what i have read and seen can only safely go to around 300 bhp max sti higher by far ......