Notices

ELP! Fitting a MBC(Anyone got pics/instructions) PlzZzZz.. :)

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2008, 12:58 PM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ELP! Fitting a MBC(Anyone got pics/instructions) PlzZzZz.. :)

As the tittle says im looking for help with fitting a bleed valve. ive looked around and looks like all the links for step by step and pics have been closed?? ive fitted one before to my 440turbo but different setup on these scoobs. Can anyone tell me how to do it also pics would be a big help. Or does anyone know any links that still work? Any help would be much appreciated as im working on the car now... cheers
Old 15 November 2008, 05:25 PM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

no one can help then?
Old 15 November 2008, 05:55 PM
sponners
Scooby Regular

plumb it in between actuator and turbo
Old 15 November 2008, 05:58 PM
sponners
Scooby Regular

found this 2 threads down from yours!

SDinstructions
Old 16 November 2008, 12:31 PM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

cheers spooners still would of liked pics though. ive got the mbc on now but if i open it up the slightest it overboost. have i got it fitted right? or do i need to upgrade my fuel pump and injectors etc? im currently running a straight through cat back system 2.5" bore with a polar performance chip and forge dump valve. ive noticed on my boost gauge it overboost at 1.1 but i have seen it rise to 1.3 every now and again with hitting the fuel cut??
Old 16 November 2008, 12:48 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

This any good to ya

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...ABCD0002-1.jpg
Old 16 November 2008, 03:43 PM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

yeah that helps cheers mate meant a real pic of it on the car but cheers! but then what do you do with the 3port boost solenoid? and what about the fuel cut kicking in?
Old 17 November 2008, 11:47 AM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

once you put the mbc inbetween the actuator and turbo do you just plug the pipe that came from the boost solenoid? or do you t-piece it on?
Old 17 November 2008, 10:05 PM
sponners
Scooby Regular

change the controller for a dawes device and it should (mostly) eliminate you overboost. - providing thats not what your running now.
Old 17 November 2008, 11:16 PM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

cheers spooners looking out for one now. but still what about the boost solenoid? do i just plug the two hoses?
Old 18 November 2008, 05:34 PM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

hi sorry if i sound stupid to you lot but im still trying to figure out what to do with the two pipes from the boost solenoid now that i have fitted the bleed valve in between the turbo and actuator. do i just plug both pipes? what happens with the boost solenoid now if its pipes are plugged? i kno there is still one pipe bottom pipe that is still connected to the airbox... also i heard somewhere that there is a restrictor pill?? is that true? help plz
Old 18 November 2008, 05:35 PM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

hi sorry if i sound stupid to you lot but im still trying to figure out what to do with the two pipes from the boost solenoid now that i have fitted the bleed valve in between the turbo and actuator. do i just plug both pipes? what happens with the boost solenoid now if its pipes are plugged? i kno there is still one pipe bottom pipe that is still connected to the airbox... also i heard somewhere that there is a restrictor pill?? is that true? also pics of people that have done this on theres already would be good thanks...
Old 19 November 2008, 08:46 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Yeah, blank off the two pipes on the BCS (i just looped mine together) leave the one connected to the air intake, the BCS is now redundant as is the brass pill that is in the bottom pipe that you have left connected

You say you have a 'polarperformance' fitted, this will of lifted your boost to 1.1 bar so thats not over boosting, fuel cut on these chips usually comes in at 1.25 bar iirc

Last edited by Glowplug; 19 November 2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 19 November 2008, 05:49 PM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Yeah, blank off the two pipes on the BCS (i just looped mine together) leave the one connected to the air intake, the BCS is now redundant as is the brass pill that is in the bottom pipe that you have left connected

You say you have a 'polarperformance' fitted, this will of lifted your boost to 1.1 bar so thats not over boosting, fuel cut on these chips usually comes in at 1.25 bar iirc
finally someone to the rescue! cheers b13bat. yeah i knew the boost was raised but the fuel cut seemed to kick in a lot around that. also if i crank the mbc up now will the boost only come on sooner and not overboost or what? what will i notice because my experience of fitting one the boost came on sooner and didnt have to worry about the fuel cut putting me through the windscreen...
Old 19 November 2008, 06:38 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AkCustomz
finally someone to the rescue! cheers b13bat. yeah i knew the boost was raised but the fuel cut seemed to kick in a lot around that. also if i crank the mbc up now will the boost only come on sooner and not overboost or what? what will i notice because my experience of fitting one the boost came on sooner and didnt have to worry about the fuel cut putting me through the windscreen...
Unscrew the adjuster on the MBC to at least half way, mark the bolt and the body with a marker or typex ect, test run the car, should boost to about 0.5 bar, the turn the adjuster in half a turn at a time, test run the car over and over until you reach fuel cut then turn it back half a turn. Do not 'crank the mbc up'. Your boost will come in sooner.