Old 18 October 2008, 09:49 AM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start duty on AVC-r?

Hi all,

I've found text on AVC-r setup:
Start-Duty
This controls initial spiking - i.e. quick no-throttle to full-throttle at 3K. This feature reduces the max boost a little, when going from negative pressure to boost... so it has the desired affect of reducing the initial spike, but not impacting sustained boost. Controlling initial spike is covered later, for now if can be set to 0% for all gears.

Does that mean if you set a positive start duty level on each gear it will add boost to the overall boost level for a short period? If you set negative it will take boost away (help control spikes when zero to full throttle) for short while?
Old 18 October 2008, 12:12 PM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

Use a positive figure in the start duty for the lower gear ratios, if you don't make the required boost target in 1st 2nd etc.

Alternatively, use a negative number fot 5th if you are getting too much overboost in top gear.
Old 18 October 2008, 12:53 PM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Cool, thanks fiestaboy, I've just been out for a run in her and she's no longer over boosting but has boost control problems, it wonders a fair bit. I'm going to leave as is now till mapper can look at her as I'm happy she's no longer going to 2.2 bar spikes which was scary! I think I know the reason for these spikes also as the pipework size was reduced from 6mm to 4mm to actuator to give more low/mid throttle response but the manual set duty per revs wasn't changed and that was set to 100% higher up. Anyway, after the exhaust mods and water injection, she's back running 6mm pipework and low/mid throttle is perfectly fine, its just higher bost control being the problem. I've also tried playing with feedback speed but that didn't seem to cure it, think she needs bit more duty and then feedback adjusted to control better, mapper will know though.
Old 18 October 2008, 02:13 PM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

It does sound to me like you need to alter the feedback speed - this controls the speed at which the solenoid operates, and should help to control the boost wandering.

Make a note of all your settings, remove all start duty and try getting the unit to relearn it's duty cycle for your desired boost level, with a few full throttle pulls.
Old 19 October 2008, 11:08 AM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks chap, think I need more duty first to get boost more inline with its full setting, ie max boost level, then do mix of feedback to get it smooth and constant, reading the manual it says to do this if you get boost wandering at below max boost setting - makes sense as unit trying to up boost but cant control it as not enough duty. Anyway, must visit mapper as shes running lean and get it finished setup as same time.

Cheers for your advice.