AVC-r pipework sizes

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2008, 05:35 PM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AVC-r pipework sizes

Hey all,

Anyone out there using the AVC-r setup? I've been running it on my 2.5L for a while and had no problems when it had 4mm pipework from turbo to solenoid, 6mm from solenoid to actuator apart from the fact that the low and mid throttle boost response was weak. I've since changed the pipework from 6mm to include step down joiners to 4mm and upon mapping at the weekend (due to new exhaust and blow through setup), the boost control was out...we're talking instead of 1.65 bar boost, 2.2 bar spike!
Does everyone run the standard pipe sizes ie 4mm and 6mm and have no issues with spikes? The other thing I had was that the AVC's boost reading unit had two restrictors in the pipework from manifold, this also was attached to boost gauges (I have two) and it wasn't reading that 2.2 bar boost spike until I removed the first restrictor - we noticed the boost spikes from having a 3rd boost guage plugged directly into the dump valve pipework.

I can see how the above restrictor might prevent the AVC-r reading the spike quickly enough (since the boost gauges weren't reading this pressure also) but cant see why exhaust and blow through would produce these results when it was running fine with no spikes prior and had 2 restrictors inline. Actually I need to check that AVC pipework does still have the restrictor in or I'll be running it with no restrictor at all.
Old 14 October 2008, 10:16 AM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to confirm, checked restrictor location last night and only had one in a "T", removed that one during mapping so refitted the original pipe that came with the AVC-r kit with restrictor from its small inline filter to pressure sensor.
Will need do some runs now see what happens.