Notices

What will this do for me....

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2008, 05:06 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What will this do for me....

Going to apologise now - in advance - for any typing mistakes because I'm not overly "fluent" in "engine talk" LOL.

Basically I have a MY99 with full de-cat, walbro fuel pump, VF28, FMI and dump valve.

car recently went into garage for other faults and it was discovered that the coolant was pressurising and the head gasket was suggested

The following is a description of what we found - at a very nice price.

Version 6 sti heads (off P1), ported & polished, 10mil spark plug conversion, piper BP270 cams, neomonic valves, angled valved seats and sti version 4 low compression gaskets - oh and samco induction hose thrown in as well.

All sounded pretty good - but since then its been found that the coolant isn't pressurising - it was due to hoses being put back incorrectly from previous repairs.

So now we're toying with the idea of having the above as a mod? My question is..... what will it do for me? I'm currently running just over 310 break and am minded to upgrade my injectors and my turbo in the not too distant future. I'm aware that a tweak on my map will be required - but was wondering what the increase in break would be?

Old 08 October 2008, 05:11 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

The engine wlll have to come out for that + costs of gaskets etc etc, money could be better spent elsewhere IMO.
Old 08 October 2008, 05:14 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
The engine wlll have to come out for that + costs of gaskets etc etc, money could be better spent elsewhere IMO.
LOL - can you not just bolt it on

I was actually aware of all of that (not fluent in engine terms - but pretty savvy generally) - but fitting costs and supply of the above was all included in teh price i'd been given - which as I said - was very reasonable.
Old 08 October 2008, 05:22 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

The new heads will let you rev the car to the 8k limiter and allow for better power if you decide to push up to 500bhp 'ish