Advice, ideas help everything welcome here

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2008, 02:47 AM
pixie_terzo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice, ideas help everything welcome here

Hi all,

Im not a reg poster on the forums but tbh this is the only Subaru forums i use when i need info etc but usually there has already been a thread started regarding the questions i needed answers to.

First off i want to start by saying im a joiner to trade so that should tell you on its own how much i know about the technical aspecs of car names meanings etc so i appoligise if i sound stupid in things i say.

Ill try and keep this post as short as i can but also try and let you know exactly what has been done to my car so you guys can help me get it back on the right rd

I have a Classic Terzo bought 100% standard with full service history close to 3 years ago, within 6 months got caught over the dreaded 100mph mark and overtaking 6 cars and a lorry really did not help matters so i was banned for a year During this time, a few mates of mine took it for runs etc just to keep everything moving, prob list most people here we have used mechanics who we believe are unto the job untill 1 of 2 things happen 1st thing you hear that he has done some shabby work or number 2 something goes wrong with the car! touch wood atm my car runs fine first start etc no blue smoking basically no bad signs of any serious health problems but a mechanic i know who was recomended to me by a mate (well so called m8 lol) has done any kind of modification i could afford to put onto the car but if im honest most of it was because he told me thats what the car needed but tbh i think he was looking at it from a cosmetic point of view and not actually reading off the same page as me and im not 100% happy with the work he has done but this is cash in hand work so no come backs my fault i know!!!

Modifications so far and TBH its not much but im just not happy about how they have all worked intogether on the car it feels like im missing a vital part or a part is out of place!

First Mod was simply Dump Valve ok simple

then I was told the exhause needed changed i agreed to go along with it becasue with the standard pipes it never gave the burble we all love so i got a 3" middle decatted pipe and was talked into buying a stupid 5" backbox and the mechanic also fitted a decat pipe from the turbo i believe but if im correct impreza's have 3 cats on the exhaust system and i found out to my horror at the cars next MOT the last cat had simply been sliced open with a grinder had its insides riped out then welded back shut!

next was a turbo timer that worked for about 6 months now does nothing

Then i was told it needed a FMIC that i got and since then the car has never felt the same

so i was told i needed a fuel pressure regulator

then i got the 3 gauge pod and installed boost gauge oil presure and the one that tells you if its running lean or ritch (cant mind the name of that one ) but during fitting the gauge he managed to f**k mu lambda sensor so it always reading that its running lean (i know he damaged the lambda sensor becasue i was there when he tryed to fit it and was unsure what wire he needed to git it to so spliced the 2 white wires and they made contact as the car was running and gave off a super blue flash)

Now thats everything i can think off thats been done on my car but i know with the FMIC ill get more lag but if im gunning it and change gear i get 1 almighty back off on power for maybe 2 -3 seconds max then the power comes back

I know i need a proper full system exhaust from headers to back box i like a bit of noise nothing as much as i have atm but i like the note heheh anyone point me in the right dirrections for a system maybe something i can buy bit by bit as and when i have money

Lambda sensor i bought but my one was the 3 wire and of course i got the 4 wired on and cant get a refund or exchange as it was bough off ebay is there anyway i can get the 4 wired lambda to work on my car?

basically i want my car to run sweet have good power but also running safe so any help tips etc are most welcome

Thanks in advance

David
Old 26 September 2008, 08:48 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I am sure experts will be along in a mo, so can they confirm that you will need a remap for an FMIC? I am not sure but the fuelling will be affected in some way. I wait to be corrected.
Old 28 September 2008, 05:00 PM
pixie_terzo
Scooby Newbie

def feels likes like a fueling problem

cheers for the advice
Old 29 September 2008, 01:57 AM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

yup things like front mounts wont work unless the car is re-mapped for it. To be honest a front mount on a standardish car is overkill and just induces lag. infact i cant see anything that youve had fitted and recommended by your machanic is going to give you any performance gains at all. Probably the opposite. Do you have all the old parts?