Notices

Green and Black plugs on a blob?

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2008, 09:08 PM
sharpydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Green and Black plugs on a blob?

I was talking to a work buddy of mine the weekend who has a blobeye impreza and he brought some instructions from ebay some time ago for a DIY performance mod. The mod involved plugging some or all of the black and green plugs under the dash together, apparently it did noticeably increase the performance of the car but I cant help but wonder if doing this was such a good idea. The said plugs have been connected for some time now and although the car ran fine at first but apparently its running like a bag of spanners now. Can anyone shed some light onto what exactly connecting these plugs does? I don't think he's to familiar with the tinternet so I thought id ask for him, I know with my car (MY00) connecting the black plugs enters diagnostic mode which i dont think the blob can do.
Old 23 September 2008, 04:46 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all that so called performance mod did was reset the ecu's learnt data.. which if it was on crap fuel may improve the performance until it realised it was on crap fuel and pulled the timing.

you cannot do that on the 2001 on.. you only have green test connectors.. no black error code connectors.. old classic method of reset is on my website here

you can reset some but not all of the learnt data on your car by disconnecting the battery but there will be no performance gain.

Simon