Notices

Fitting Fuel Pressure Reg

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2008, 11:20 AM
apalmer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting Fuel Pressure Reg

Im fitting a sard fpr in the next couple of days and i think i have evreything straight.. Can anyone give any advice on this in particular items i might need before removing things or ideal mounting place?? I can't see an obvious place to mount it.

I have the fuel rail adaptor from sard for this, i understrand i might need a length of fuel hose as well.. not in the box.

Also stupid question perhaps but, i have the sard setting meter and fitting that looks simple, but, after the system is pressurized i would no doubt have to de pressurize in order to remove the setting meter again? There is a bung that comes with the kit that blanks this hole off when not in use and also a t-piece adapter for the fuel line in case you wish to use the additional hole for a parallel setup. Does the OEM device have a vacuum line connected to it?

before i squirt pressurized fuel everywhere.........

Thanks folks

@d
Old 18 September 2008, 01:04 PM
apalmer
Scooby Regular

up
Old 18 September 2008, 03:17 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Hi, you'll need a piece of hose to connect the reg to the adaptor you have,and also some pipe to connect the reg to the return pipe.How much will depend on the position you choose for the reg.I mounted mine next to my air con pump(see profile pic),but only cos i did the parallel rail mod too.
The pressure is set to 3bar,with the vac line off the reg,which will drop a little(2.6bar ish) once connected back up.
The pressure in the reg isn't a problem,just disconnect it carefully if pressurised.
Old 19 September 2008, 11:31 AM
apalmer
Scooby Regular

ta mate, looks like you have the type r version if those are -6 fitting s on yours or are they just aly covers? .. I have a later engine so may not be able to mount there, will have to look for somewhere else.. Did you remove inlet manifold for better access to the oe fuel reg? It's near cyl 3 right top hat near turbo!

@
Old 19 September 2008, 01:01 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Hi, no not gao the type r one,just the normal one. I used stainless hose when doing the rail mod.
The old reg is removable with the inlet on,just have to remove the airbox.
Best place for you is probably up near the bulkhead somewhere.