Battery

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2008, 08:15 AM
renny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery

Hi all,

Just back after 3 weeks away and my 07 Sti's battery is deader than dead !

The tracker had sent me a text while i was away telling me that (at the last text) my battery level was 2.5v and the alarm had been going off due to this.

I will have to have a look around the car to see if anything was left open (probable looking at the battery level) but was wondering if it wasn't due to this what the bettery warranty is from new,i'm guessing it's only a year?

I'm going to give subaru Assist a bell to ask them to come out but before i do will this battery be ok to start with a booster unit and if so will the battery be ok or am i looking at a new battery in the long term?

I've duplicated this in 'Lighting & Electrical' so apologies if you've already read this.

Cheers
Old 15 September 2008, 02:19 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

The tracker message should read " I will soon have completely leeched your battery of any power thereby rendering myself useless and allowing anyone with a lowloader to steal the car. Goodbye. "

This is nothing new. Some alarms, and trackers in particular, can drain the battery to the point where the car won't crank over in a little over 2 weeks.
If the car will be idle then if possible leave it on a trickle charger or you could replace the existing battery with a heavy duty version to give you a little more leeway.
Kevin
Old 16 September 2008, 10:09 AM
renny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by c_maguire
The tracker message should read " I will soon have completely leeched your battery of any power thereby rendering myself useless and allowing anyone with a lowloader to steal the car. Goodbye. "

This is nothing new. Some alarms, and trackers in particular, can drain the battery to the point where the car won't crank over in a little over 2 weeks.
If the car will be idle then if possible leave it on a trickle charger or you could replace the existing battery with a heavy duty version to give you a little more leeway.
Kevin
Well,had Subaru Assist come over and stick their battery booster thingy on.

Fired up first time and charged up quickly.Will see how it goes from here - looks like i may have not quite shut the boot properly so this was the probable cause of it draining so quickly but will take on board your comments about the trickle charger,cheers.