Notices

Apexi Power FC Boost Control - MBC or Apexi Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2008, 03:38 PM
StatesideRS
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi Power FC Boost Control - MBC or Apexi Kit?

I'll be getting mapped at the end of the month and I'm currently debating what to use for boost control on my V1 STi RA. I have both the Apexi Power FC boost control kit (3 port boost solenoid and 3 bar map sensor) and a standard TurboXS manual boost controller. I purchased the Apexi kit based on its ability to fuel cut in the event of overboost as well as it being more straight forward during mapping. From the experience of both tuners and mappers, how well do you feel the Apexi kit regulates boost?

Thanks for the help!
Old 07 September 2008, 04:42 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends what you are trying to do.
Boost control on the Apexi Power FC is pretty basic, hence the need for an auxiliary electronic boost controller. If you already have an Apexi AVC-R then use it but there are other electronic boost controllers available at half the price with just as good boost control, such as the Hybrid SBC-SE. (£130)
The manual boost valve doesn't really have a place if you are planning to run Power FC and AVC-R which is a far better option.
Old 07 September 2008, 05:05 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Am I right in thinking you just have the apexi boost control kit for the Power FC and not the AVCR?

You'd be far better using that than a manual valve.

The ultimate boost controller is the full on AVCR ( which uses the same Boost control solenoid and map sensor that you already have) which gives you lots of extra option such is per gear boost settings, higher boost scramble mode at the touch of a switch etc.

But out of the two bits of kit you have the Apexi control kit for the PFC is far superior to a manual valve