Notices

my 99 standard boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2008, 01:05 PM
mikey2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 99 standard boost controller

Can someone let me know how this goes together as i i cant find a post about it in the search, and i think i did it right!
I have joined the pipe from the wastegate to the pipe from the turbo with a t piece, and then goes to the boost controller, and the pipe from the boost controller goes to the inlet just behind the air filter. I am pretty sure thats how it came off anyway, the inlet pipe i know is right, but i don tknow about the others, i have reset the ecu, no difference.
Oh andthe restrictor is in the pipe from the turbo to the t piece.
It still only makes 0.6bar tho. is frustrating!

Thanks Mike
Old 02 September 2008, 06:08 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mikey2
Can someone let me know how this goes together as i i cant find a post about it in the search, and i think i did it right!
I have joined the pipe from the wastegate to the pipe from the turbo with a t piece, and then goes to the boost controller, and the pipe from the boost controller goes to the inlet just behind the air filter. I am pretty sure thats how it came off anyway, the inlet pipe i know is right, but i don tknow about the others, i have reset the ecu, no difference.
Oh andthe restrictor is in the pipe from the turbo to the t piece.
It still only makes 0.6bar tho. is frustrating!

Thanks Mike
Sounds right. The pipe from the t-piece to the solenoid attaches to the side of the solenoid whereas the pipe to the inlet tract is the one from the bottom of the solenoid. The 0.6 bar you are getting is what you would get if the restrictor was missing however, and the turbo pressure was acting directly on the wastegate.
Kevin

Perhaps the solenoid is stuck closed and not allowing the boost pressure through to the inlet tract or the switching signal to the solenoid is missing.

Last edited by c_maguire; 02 September 2008 at 06:12 PM. Reason: extra comment
Old 02 September 2008, 06:32 PM
mikey2
Scooby Regular

Much appreciated thanks, i managed to get the hks working now, got matt at afr to sort that, took him 5 mins compared to my faffing for days!!!! lol

Thanks