Notices

rcm

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2008, 05:25 PM
JAMSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rcm

hi all i have the chance of buying a rcm team ice back section for my 1999 uk turbo. i alreadu have a blitz nur spec r and i know the rcm unit needs to mate up with a three inch centre section would this be a stright swap for the back box i have had a look under car looks like it should be just wondered if anyone knew for sure. if it is i think i will buy it then sell the bltiz back box. so anyone with a 3inch decat centre section want a blitz back box?
Old 25 August 2008, 08:14 PM
kylejennings05
Scooby Regular

the blitz back box belongs with its centre section or it won't fit to any other, well atleast i was told
Old 25 August 2008, 08:15 PM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

i have both blitz nur spec r and team ice and it didn't fit the blitz centre section as the blitz joining flanges are angled all i did was get the team ice cut to fit cost £40 this was newage but if you have an nur spec r yours should be the same i.e back box and centre section
Old 25 August 2008, 09:02 PM
JAMSCOOB
Scooby Regular

ok thanks for the info chaps. does anyone know of a 3 inch staright through centre section for sale that would fit the team ice back section. think i need to put the blitz up for sale. if anyone in the nottingham area has got a three inch centre section wants to come to a deal that would be good.

i thought the blitz sounded good til i heard the rcm it sounds amazing lol
Old 25 August 2008, 09:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JAMSCOOB
hi all i have the chance of buying a rcm team ice back section for my 1999 uk turbo. i alreadu have a blitz nur spec r and i know the rcm unit needs to mate up with a three inch centre section would this be a stright swap for the back box i have had a look under car looks like it should be just wondered if anyone knew for sure. if it is i think i will buy it then sell the bltiz back box. so anyone with a 3inch decat centre section want a blitz back box?
Hello mate. The backbox and centre section are both 3" pipework, however the centre section does taper down to 2.5" to meet the downpipe. I'm not sure whether the blitz backbox would mate with a different 3" centre, never tried. I didn't realise the RCM system was louder otherwise I would have had that beast on instead.

Sorry can't be of more help Jamie, but seriously if you have any other questions, feel free to call/pm me mate. May save you any hassle.

Andy
Old 25 August 2008, 11:39 PM
kylejennings05
Scooby Regular

is it the team ice back box without the silencer just staight through??
Old 26 August 2008, 10:00 AM
JAMSCOOB
Scooby Regular

cheers andy mate the peice i want to change is the back box section the rcm unit is just a staright piece of pipe lol sounds amazing. so i would be wnating to keep the blitz centre section.

kyle- yes its just the straight pipe no silencer
Old 26 August 2008, 10:46 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I have my Blitz backbox mated to a custom 3" centre section but had to shorten the pipework on the backbox slightly.

Banny