ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   rcm (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/708182-rcm.html)

JAMSCOOB 25 August 2008 05:25 PM

rcm

hi all i have the chance of buying a rcm team ice back section for my 1999 uk turbo. i alreadu have a blitz nur spec r and i know the rcm unit needs to mate up with a three inch centre section would this be a stright swap for the back box i have had a look under car looks like it should be just wondered if anyone knew for sure. if it is i think i will buy it then sell the bltiz back box. so anyone with a 3inch decat centre section want a blitz back box?

kylejennings05 25 August 2008 08:14 PM

the blitz back box belongs with its centre section or it won't fit to any other, well atleast i was told :(

swifty.....! 25 August 2008 08:15 PM

i have both blitz nur spec r and team ice and it didn't fit the blitz centre section as the blitz joining flanges are angled all i did was get the team ice cut to fit cost £40 this was newage but if you have an nur spec r yours should be the same i.e back box and centre section :thumb:

JAMSCOOB 25 August 2008 09:02 PM

ok thanks for the info chaps. does anyone know of a 3 inch staright through centre section for sale that would fit the team ice back section. think i need to put the blitz up for sale. if anyone in the nottingham area has got a three inch centre section wants to come to a deal that would be good.

i thought the blitz sounded good til i heard the rcm it sounds amazing lol

chocolate_o_brian 25 August 2008 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by JAMSCOOB (Post 8089785)
hi all i have the chance of buying a rcm team ice back section for my 1999 uk turbo. i alreadu have a blitz nur spec r and i know the rcm unit needs to mate up with a three inch centre section would this be a stright swap for the back box i have had a look under car looks like it should be just wondered if anyone knew for sure. if it is i think i will buy it then sell the bltiz back box. so anyone with a 3inch decat centre section want a blitz back box?

Hello mate. The backbox and centre section are both 3" pipework, however the centre section does taper down to 2.5" to meet the downpipe. I'm not sure whether the blitz backbox would mate with a different 3" centre, never tried. I didn't realise the RCM system was louder:eek: otherwise I would have had that beast on instead.

Sorry can't be of more help Jamie, but seriously if you have any other questions, feel free to call/pm me mate. May save you any hassle.

Andy :thumb:

kylejennings05 25 August 2008 11:39 PM

is it the team ice back box without the silencer just staight through??

JAMSCOOB 26 August 2008 10:00 AM

cheers andy mate the peice i want to change is the back box section the rcm unit is just a staright piece of pipe lol sounds amazing. so i would be wnating to keep the blitz centre section.

kyle- yes its just the straight pipe no silencer

banny sti 26 August 2008 10:46 AM

I have my Blitz backbox mated to a custom 3" centre section but had to shorten the pipework on the backbox slightly.

Banny