Notices

how to change top hose?

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2008, 08:31 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your going to loose some coolant either way. What I did was put a clean bucket underneath the bottom hose and take one end off, drain all the coolant from the system and then just change the top hose. One of the hose clips on mine was siezed solid (the hardest one to reach) so I ended up cutting it off, not a problem as I was changing the clips anyway. Refill the system with the coolant from your nice clean bucket through the turbo to header return pipe and you shouldnt get any airlocks.
Old 26 July 2008, 09:23 AM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your going to lose some regardless so undo clips fully then put something under top pipe a container if you want to catch coolant best having a mate to help or something to soak it up.

then with new pipe in hand take hose away from radiator straight back coolant will start leaking straight away at the same point put new pipe on radiator holding vertical this will stop radiator leaking.
at this point put both pipes vertical and exchange or put new clips on to the new pipe. then simply take old pipe fully off and put new pipe on as fast as you can and if your mate has been any good you should catch most of the coolant for putting back in.
tighten clips then take the cap off the header tank and massage the new pipe to push coolant threw while adding coolant once the tank is full start the car with cap off and have coolant at hand. you basicly want the header tank full and bubble free once happy replace cap and job done

hope that helps