Very poor mpg

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2008, 08:28 AM
Alarmeng
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very poor mpg

Morning peeps,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some wheer to atke my bug,she's poorly.Awwwwww

She sups fuel like theres no tomorrow, also very sluggish on take off then she's off.

Im living in the Bolton (ish) area and looking to take her some recomended.

Its a Uk type STi on a 52 plate.

Thanks

Gaz
Old 19 July 2008, 01:14 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take her to Prosport, very reasonably priced for a dealer and probably the best place to take any scoob in the UK

Number is 0161 4329999 and its in stockport, directions are on the subaru website (just off the M60 and about 2-3 miles up the road).

Tony
Old 19 July 2008, 01:42 PM
reiddo
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, post up what they find cause my bug STi is the same. I have to slip the clutch when i move off from lights or it does a sort of nose dive then picks up again. I thought it might be normal but i'm so new to scoobs i'm probably wrong.

Doug
Old 19 July 2008, 08:36 PM
Alarmeng
Scooby Regular

Reiddo

Thats exactly what mine does,also the exhaust i think is slightly blowing up fron and its missing now a bit.

Ill ring em Monday as im off next Wed,Thur and Friday.

Cheers for replies.

Gaz

Tony thanks for the number etc much appreciated,thanks.
Old 19 July 2008, 10:08 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the full address
Prosport Ltd

Unit 18, Battersea Road, Heaton M, Stockport, Cheshire,
SK4 3EA
TEL: 0161 4329999

Link to directions on here, just click the rough area and you should find it no problems

Dealer Locator | Subaru (UK) Ltd Official Website

Tony
Old 20 July 2008, 09:17 AM
caperbility
Scooby Regular

Got my RA in with them at the moment having some insurance work done after a meeting with the back of a Daewoo

I have used them a few times now and have allways found them to be very polite, helpfull, and a standard of work second to none. I cant praise them highly enough and wouldnt take my pride and joy anywhere else, its a trust thing isnt it?.

p.s. That creeping should be worth a bit of discount Clair?

Seriously though top bunch of guys
Old 20 July 2008, 09:18 AM
prwatts
Scooby Regular

Guys, they should NOT be doing this. This will give you a bad impression of Scoobies, which are fantastic cars. They are infinitely configurable, like no other car, so maybe somone has been fiddling with yours. When it is running properly it will start well, idle smoothly, run smoothly, give you lots of grins. I am on my second one and both have given an average 24-25 mpg. Everyone accepts this but the New STi - the 3G or Third Generation or Impersonator has 3 Map settings and in Intelligent Mode can get 38mpg on the Motorway, so my project is to find such a set-up and fit it to my STi10 (Hawkeye). There are so-called tuners out there who screw your map settings up. Maybe you have a mechanical problem or something, (throttle position sensor, MAF Sensor etc) but the ECU can learn bad habits. Just for kicks try re-setting the ECU - disconnect the battery and leave the car overnight. Then re-connect in the morning and off you go, but it may not sort out a changed map or mechanical problem. And of course you should run on 98 Octane fuel at least - Tesco 99 or Shell V Power. But take it into Prosport. As I said, there are many tuners, so if you encounter one that treats you like an idiot, talks down to you or just plain bullsh1ts you and does not ring true, go elsewhere. Times are tough and you have the right to be treated properly. Peter

Trending Topics

Old 20 July 2008, 09:27 AM
reiddo
Scooby Regular

Good advice mate. I'll see what Gaz comes back with and I may take mines back scoob garage near me. I'm also getting my car mapped by Bob Rawle next month so hopefully he will sort it for me