Notices

Hesitation WRX Annoying problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2008, 02:38 PM
petervr6
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation WRX Annoying problem!!!

Ladies / Gents!

My car is a bugeye wrx. Currently having an issue where at 5.5k revs there is a flat spot, it feels like it is under-fueling, hesitating just a little, it just doesnt feel right, up until 5.5k revs it pulls strong and is all good. the boost guage shows 0.85 - 0.97 bar, is this correct? it boosts differently depending on what gear im in.

I have tried changing the sparks, got uprated fuel pump, cleaning the boost solenoid. Is there anything else it could be, or it is normal to have a flat spot at 5.5k revs? i have also had a complete service recently so all fluid levels are spot on.

Any ideas?
Old 16 May 2008, 06:15 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

check your air intake line to the turbo for leaks. had same ish sort of problem and found a loose jubilee clip on the pipe. now sorted. hth

ps spray brake cleaner along it and you will hear the engine not change if it sucks some in through a crack/split
Old 16 May 2008, 07:23 PM
petervr6
Scooby Regular

hi mate

thanks for that, i will have a go at that tomorrow! i hope it cures it! :-)

i will let you know how i get on, thanks again!
Old 16 May 2008, 11:28 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

good luck mate
Old 17 May 2008, 12:10 PM
petervr6
Scooby Regular

Hi Dave

I tried it today and there was no luck, the car idles happily with me spraying carb cleaner everywhere! :-)

Another quick question, i put both the green connectors together under the dash to get the test mode going, the fans started kicking in, but the boost solenoid did not click? i then tried starting the car normally and still the solenoid does not click even if i rev the engine? does this mean i have a dodgy boost solenoid?
Old 30 June 2010, 11:52 PM
stevie turbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by petervr6
Hi Dave

I tried it today and there was no luck, the car idles happily with me spraying carb cleaner everywhere! :-)

Another quick question, i put both the green connectors together under the dash to get the test mode going, the fans started kicking in, but the boost solenoid did not click? i then tried starting the car normally and still the solenoid does not click even if i rev the engine? does this mean i have a dodgy boost solenoid?
i same bugebe intrested in knowing how this goes i have hesitant when turbo kicks in at 3500 i done the green connectors same problem?steve
Old 01 July 2010, 08:31 AM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

Sounds like it's taken ignition out at that point due to det. Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset the ECU learnt ignition tables and then drive it at part throttle for a couple of minutes to get the advance multiplier back up.

Several reasons why this might happen but the favourites are poor fuel or low fuel level and spirited use of the throttle whilst cornering hard to the right (fuel surge)

Mike