Notices

What have i done ? HELP !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2008, 06:24 PM
H4RDY-P1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What have i done ? HELP !!!!!!

Ok to start off from the bottom please see my profile for car and mods,friday i took the plugs out (pfr7b's)gap'd at 0.7 because they had a very slight missfire when the boost went over 1.5 bar (cold weather) so i gaped them down to 0.6,saturday went out for fuel,the car was running really well and felt very strong think it was making 1.4 bar in 3rd gear , on the way back i ended up giving the car some stik down a quiet dual carrage way,flat out into 5th gear,braked heavy and gear'd down to go round the round about and all revs were lost ,coasted round the roundabout to a dead end were i pulled up car was still running but the oil light was on ,so i switched the car off immediatly.
Anyway left it 5 mins started it up and it was running really lumpy and low down on tickover(no oil light on now),and the oil was fine on the dipstick,tried revving the car and it just would not go higher than 3k sounding really rough,
1st thoughts was a boost/intercooler pipe had come off?,NO,
2nd checked the recirc d/v for been stuck open?,NO,
3rd rac recovery home, YES,
Anyway we then did a compression test as i feard the worst,all fine arround 135,
So we swapped the MAF sensor for a spare one a friend had, fired it up and YES sounded sweet again job done?,NO went out for a blast and when cold the car felt ok soon as it was warm the car missfires on boost badly and tries stalling/revs dropping,falty MAF ?,well i have just put a brand new genuine subaru one in and it is still exactly the same,fine when cold soon as it's warm missfire and cuts out,no check engine lights or oil lights on since the 1st breakdown,please help what have i done ?
Old 29 April 2008, 07:06 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

just take it to the pros m8 ....let them worry about it
Old 29 April 2008, 07:15 PM
H4RDY-P1
Scooby Regular

If i had the money i would matey,and tbh i prefer to work on my car myself and learn from it.
Old 29 April 2008, 07:24 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

I think id be inclined to check the plugs and leads again. Infact rather than re-gapping id go with a new set of plugs gapped correctly and check the leads arnt arching any where. Also have a try at checking the lamda voltage on boost
Old 29 April 2008, 07:27 PM
H4RDY-P1
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate what should the lambna voltage be on and off boost?
Old 29 April 2008, 10:16 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by H4RDY-P1
If i had the money i would matey,and tbh i prefer to work on my car myself and learn from it.
its not a case having the money , it a case of need must
Old 30 April 2008, 02:46 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

could it be cam or crank sensor?, and if push came to shove, the coolant sensor?

just saying, my mrs did not do the same as described, but does refuse to start when warm, and then does sometimes cut out, waiting on new sensors to arrive..see if the problems go away..

good luck with the diagnosis
Old 30 April 2008, 07:45 PM
H4RDY-P1
Scooby Regular

Just to let peeps know i have fitted a new set of plugs today and all is sweet ,infact its the best its ever run,feels really solid on tickover now,were as before it was always dropping to nearly stalling .
Old 30 April 2008, 07:50 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 381 Likes on 303 Posts

pleased the advice on the phone was fruitful and its wasn't any worse......................

alyn
Old 30 April 2008, 08:49 PM
H4RDY-P1
Scooby Regular

Yes many thanks alan you are always very helpfull and willing to have a good chat,top man!!
Old 30 April 2008, 08:59 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by H4RDY-P1
Just to let peeps know i have fitted a new set of plugs today and all is sweet ,infact its the best its ever run,feels really solid on tickover now,were as before it was always dropping to nearly stalling .

Glad the plugs sorted it