Notices

[B]ECU seller ebay any thoughts ?[/B]

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2008, 09:49 PM
Waggoneer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [B]ECU seller ebay any thoughts ?[/B]

Has anyone used or heard anything about this seller of ECU chips.

Seems to be around 1 third the price of polar performance chips.

ScoobyECU Genuine Subaru Impreza ECU Performance Chip on eBay, also, Subaru, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 06-Apr-08 20:30:00 BST)
Old 07 April 2008, 06:42 AM
fygtbug
Scooby Regular

all i can say is whatever you do or whatever you get unless your car is absolute bone stock and matches what has been used to develop the file your gonna have to get it remapped.

the good thing about polar and scott t is that he has spent countless hours tuning his chips on many cars and can match up pretty close ( im not a user, but have had several conversations with scott ) however once modded he cant just do a chip..... so you'd be far better off doing it right, say ESL or something like to get a better job done..... spend a little extra for a lot more the best option.
Old 07 April 2008, 11:05 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Waggoneer
Has anyone used or heard anything about this seller of ECU chips.

Seems to be around 1 third the price of polar performance chips.

ScoobyECU Genuine Subaru Impreza ECU Performance Chip on eBay, also, Subaru, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 06-Apr-08 20:30:00 BST)

I got mine of ebay, different seller but it was advertised the same, ScoobyECU. It works a treat, upped my boost to 1.1bar (16psi) i have a AFR guage fitted and the fueling is spot on, i have had no probs . I have a K&N IK and full 3" decat. If it IS genuine ScoobyECU then it will be a direct rip off of Scott Ts from polarperformance as i believe he developed the map on the chip. Dont be put off by 'generic maps will kill your scoob' type posts(each to their own Tidgy) you pays your money and takes your chance! £ for £ its a nice mod for an old car.
One last word, chances are you ECU will not have the DIL socket fitted, so unless you are very compitent with a soldering iron get some one who is to fit the socket for you,or use the sellers fitting service, i did mine and ballsed it up cost me a replacment ECU from Polarperfomance at a later date (£80) that'll teach me (but then again!

You decide

Last edited by Glowplug; 07 April 2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07 April 2008, 12:45 PM
Waggoneer
Scooby Newbie

Cheers fellas, Im going to go cheap and go with ebay feedback safety. I will repost when ive fited the chip ( via a professional solderer ! )

Pete.
Old 07 April 2008, 12:53 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

all i'll say is good luck, and hope you can afford a rebuild.

while is not gaurentied it will make your engine go pop, not one professional tuner out there wil use generic maps, but if you want to risk it then its your choice
Old 07 April 2008, 05:24 PM
N602 WRX
Scooby Regular

Tidgy whats your sore point on this ive read you slating these time and time again??
If you have the mods on your car that the map is set up for, i;e de-cat/ filter and exhaust i cant really see a big problem.
Its not like your winding it right up, its only 1.1bar.
In the the ideal world YES a custom remap with a aftermarket ecu is the way to go. But nt everyone has a spare £900!
Its a mild mod within the limitations of a farely standard set up.
Subaru themselves use a generic map and this is just a tweaked version to take advantage of mild mods.

Although i would fit a knock link and put it on a wideband to just to be safe.
I think the only major problem would be if you had a failing sensor somwhere or lazy fuel pump, then yes it may go bang!