Notices

Help any advice would be great!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2008, 02:39 AM
pixie_terzo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help any advice would be great!!!!

hi ppl,

I have a problem with my 98 impreza terzo story so far was about a year ago all cat's were removed and apart from a dump valve everything else has remained the same,

Last weekend i fitted the 3 gauge pod's in the center of the dash, boost gauge, oil pressure (not hooked up 100% yet tho) and the gauge that tells me when if im running lean , optimal or rich but during fitting this a wire from sensor broke not sure why got a spark and the wire going to the lamba?!?!? sensor had broken so i patched the wire together untill i can sort a new sensor and also fitted the gaugue to the correct wire on the sensor

I have also now fitted a fuel pressure regulator and its set between 5 and 4 and the car was running great up the pressure slightly from the standard setting and it made the car feel a bit more responsive

I then got a FMIC Kit fitted and when my mate took it for a test drive he told me under boost in usuall 3 and 4 it hesitates when boosting up! and the idle is droping a bit lower now than it used to

obviously the FMIC is taking in a lot more air than the standard one, could that be causing the problem!

I believe the fuel or air going in is not 100% right so basically anyone know were to start fuel or air?

Do i drop the fuel pressure or up it now i have the FMIC on it

Oh and a pipercross induction kit has been fitted but im thinking about removing it and replacing the standard one with no bottom box attatched if you know what i mean!

any help would be great, i live in the north of scotland and basically there is knowere close to were i stay that i would trust to work on my car!

My intentions are to put a TDO516g turbo on next 550cc injectors and a boost controller then turning the boost off and taking it to a pro somewere down south to get it all dialed in

any ideas

cheers

David