Notices

cheap ebay full exhaust systems?

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2008, 12:44 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts
Default cheap ebay full exhaust systems?

I'm looking at getting a 3" full exhaust for the scooby and there seem to be some amazingly cheap 3" full exhaust systems on ebay for new age imprezas at the moment, e.g.

* downpipe for 120 incl shipping and customs: Subaru Impreza 3" Turbo Downpipe Decat WRX STi Exhaust on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Jan-08 18:00:54 GMT)
* rest of exhaust system for 180 incl shipping and customs: 01-06 Subaru Impreza 3" Catback Exhaust WRX STi 02 03 on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Jan-08 18:01:44 GMT)

I.e. a total of 300 quid including shipping and customs for a full 3" system (Note, I still think 300 quid is quite expensive for what amounts to a couple of lengths of steel pipe with some bends in it).

Has anyone used these systems? Are they catastrophically loud? I feel half inclined to get one to test it out
Old 28 January 2008, 01:14 PM
CDF Racing
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have which looks like the same one on mine ,..... it's ok ........wasn't a brilliant fit..
It is also very loud which im not too keen on now - keep meaning to plug it but the sliencer suppylied rattle's too much and needs modding ..... just haven't had to time to do it

Not too bad for the money though
Old 28 January 2008, 01:21 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Aha, excellent stuff I might give it a go, but I'm a bit worried about the noise, to be honest.

Roughly how much power are you running on it at the moment?

Were the flanges flat enough to provide a good seal?

Also, what do you do at MOT time? Fit the standard down pipe and centre cat?
Old 28 January 2008, 03:03 PM
CDF Racing
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Henrik
Aha, excellent stuff I might give it a go, but I'm a bit worried about the noise, to be honest.

Roughly how much power are you running on it at the moment?

Were the flanges flat enough to provide a good seal?

Also, what do you do at MOT time? Fit the standard down pipe and centre cat?
Gave the MOT man a drink to put it through would of only just failed... can't remember what it was now - Yes flanges were fine, just a bit tight fitting it - Got arounf 275bhp at the mo
Old 29 January 2008, 08:37 PM
TomCat
Scooby Regular

There's an 01-06 Prodrive sports cat on at the moment which should pass the MOT. SUBARU IMPREZA PRODRIVE SPORTS CAT WRX STi P1 TURBO on eBay, also, Subaru, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 03-Feb-08 20:41:03 GMT)

Decat centres & back boxes seem to turn up secondhand pretty often on ebay.

A decat\sports cat is going to be load, some vv loud!

My Scoobyworld Ninja Sports cat & Magnex centre & back really growls - and Magnex is supposed to be relatively quiet...
Old 29 January 2008, 09:45 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henrik
I'm looking at getting a 3" full exhaust for the scooby and there seem to be some amazingly cheap 3" full exhaust systems on ebay for new age imprezas at the moment, e.g.

* downpipe for 120 incl shipping and customs: Subaru Impreza 3" Turbo Downpipe Decat WRX STi Exhaust on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Jan-08 18:00:54 GMT)
* rest of exhaust system for 180 incl shipping and customs: 01-06 Subaru Impreza 3" Catback Exhaust WRX STi 02 03 on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Jan-08 18:01:44 GMT)

I.e. a total of 300 quid including shipping and customs for a full 3" system (Note, I still think 300 quid is quite expensive for what amounts to a couple of lengths of steel pipe with some bends in it).

Has anyone used these systems? Are they catastrophically loud? I feel half inclined to get one to test it out
i got one that looks very similar to that off a different seller in the us,fit was not good it ran too close to propshaft centre mounting point.
i emailed seller but he failed to respond got a full refund through paypal.
altered the bend at work for a better fit it is now ok only ended up costing about £25 customs fee.
it is a loud system though which i dont mind as it p1sses the neighbours off,ok on long motorway run with the bung in though.
Old 30 January 2008, 10:05 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by TomCat
There's an 01-06 Prodrive sports cat on at the moment which should pass the MOT. SUBARU IMPREZA PRODRIVE SPORTS CAT WRX STi P1 TURBO on eBay, also, Subaru, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 03-Feb-08 20:41:03 GMT)

Decat centres & back boxes seem to turn up secondhand pretty often on ebay.

A decat\sports cat is going to be load, some vv loud!

My Scoobyworld Ninja Sports cat & Magnex centre & back really growls - and Magnex is supposed to be relatively quiet...
I've got one of them already, but I'm thinking of upping the power a bit and I think I'm at the level now where I would benefit from a 3" decat exhaust, unfortunately

I might just keep my eyes peeled for 2nd hand systems
Old 30 January 2008, 10:08 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by johnnyroper
i got one that looks very similar to that off a different seller in the us,fit was not good it ran too close to propshaft centre mounting point.
i emailed seller but he failed to respond got a full refund through paypal.
altered the bend at work for a better fit it is now ok only ended up costing about £25 customs fee.
it is a loud system though which i dont mind as it p1sses the neighbours off,ok on long motorway run with the bung in though.
I used to have a TSL firestorm which was annoyingly loud, so might have to look for something else.