Notices

? WET ECU ? or wot

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2008, 04:54 PM
fbladerrv900
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? WET ECU ? or wot

Guys some suggestions please, ( my uk 97 LINK G3 ECU)

My scooby rev counter went crazy the other day, and my car stalled, it wouldnt start again for about 5 mins, after this it was fine, untill i poped out that night,
this time as i was going round a roundabout and the rev counter went crazy again, the car started to splutter and then stalled, it felt like it was only firing on 3 cylinders. again it took 5 mins and she started and drove as if there was no problem. soo i investigated

too my suprise the passanger side carpet was soaking wet, i traced the leak upto the windscreen, it had been dripping on to the kick plate which covers the ECU, the ECU seemed fine, i spent allday mopping up the water in the car, dried the carpet over night and replaced everything,i also wrapped the ecu in a sealed bag just in case.
took the car for a spin and all was fine (pulling like a train)

Last nite, was driving into the city and after about 10 mins of normall driving my car started to feel lumpy again, although she didnt stall, i had no response or power in the rev range 1-4k, the only way i could drive was to dip the clutch and drop it when i got to 5k rev, then she seemed to boost and pull with no problem, untill she dropped below 4k rev, i managed to pull over, switched off and on again and the car was fine, ticking over as per usual, but as soon as i touched the accelerator, it went all lumpy again,
I left the car over night expecting to call the RAC this morning to get me home, but to my suprise the car ran fine, i managed to drive 20 miles home on and off boost and there was absolutly no problems at all,

So is it my ECU to blame im gonna take ECU out and pop it in the airing cuboard over night.

Any ideas Chaps

bye the way at No time has the CEL come on

Last edited by fbladerrv900; 22 January 2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: added info
Old 22 January 2008, 07:36 PM
fbladerrv900
Scooby Regular

any ideas
Old 23 January 2008, 02:44 PM
AL99
Scooby Regular

Just a thought, but putting the ECU in a sealed bag might not be a good idea. It may be prone to condensation inside the bag which would run/drip into the ECU. Better to have some carefully located air gaps.