Notices

need a remap on my uk classic after fitting stainless feral racing manifold???

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2008, 11:15 PM
rs250gpracer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a remap on my uk classic after fitting stainless feral racing manifold???

hi there can anybody clear this up and tell me if my car is safe to drive or not before a re map???

my car.... uk impreza turbo 2000 final classic version ej20 engine (jan1st 2001) classic shape!!

spec.... cat back exhaust system was in place when i bought the car 12 month ago, nothing else modded. standard cat downpipe.

my problem..... i have just fitted stainless feral racing equall length exhaust headers, the up pipe is part of this unit and not seperate, just has flexy joint in uppipe section. sound has changed a bit not for the best but still sounds very nice exhaust note (needs de cat downpipe adding for full effect?).
power seems smoother through rev range but i cant say i feel a power increase, however i have fitted a new exedy organic racing cluth at the same time so am taking it easy AND I DO NOT KNOW IF MY CAR IS SAFE TO DRIVE WITH THE NEW MAIFOLD IN PLACE AND NO RE-MAP.

i am taking my car for a re map but not yet, is my car safe to drive without re mapping???? please help as im dying to bed my clutch in and give it some gas to see if i can feel the manifold increase (if any) .. seems smoother power now and more low down from the 10 miles ive done since clutch and manifold.
Old 20 January 2008, 11:52 PM
kylejennings05
Scooby Regular

i think you realy need a remap.... you wont feel the benefit unless you do because the car want be set up for it! unless anyone with more info will tell us different? iv got a few mods done to mine, have a look in view my scoob.... i got a bit more bhp but it needs a remap quite bad its very laggy! plus iv been told it can my engine.
Old 21 January 2008, 06:53 AM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Reset your ecu and give it a blast mate, KJ above is correct you may not get the full potential of your headers until its mapped but you arent going to blow anything up either,

drive safe.
Brett