Notices

Exhaust fitment troubles

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2008, 04:49 PM
pinchers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust fitment troubles

I have a 05 WRX, with PPP, i wanted to take the resonator pipe out and replace it for a de-resonated one, i wanted to do it on the cheap so i bought the pipe of 2 fast2cool on ebay the pipe is ok but the fitment is tight between the 2nd cat and the prodrive back box, the little support bracket the hangs down to hold the 2nd cat cannot be connected and the exhaust knocks when driving, i emailed the place and they said its cause its the prodrive back box, it will be tight, so i wondering if anyone knows of anything to fix this, had a civic type-r last and the rubbers to hold the exhaust had multiple holes to allow the exhaust a bit of forwards or backwards movement, is there anywhere i could get some sort of spacer or different rubbers to bring the back box in a bit, or should i scrap it and start again if so what pipe should i go for, also wanna do the 2nd cat soon to

any input would be great
Old 09 January 2008, 07:47 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinchers
I have a 05 WRX, with PPP, i wanted to take the resonator pipe out and replace it for a de-resonated one, i wanted to do it on the cheap so i bought the pipe of 2 fast2cool on ebay the pipe is ok but the fitment is tight between the 2nd cat and the prodrive back box, the little support bracket the hangs down to hold the 2nd cat cannot be connected and the exhaust knocks when driving, i emailed the place and they said its cause its the prodrive back box, it will be tight, so i wondering if anyone knows of anything to fix this, had a civic type-r last and the rubbers to hold the exhaust had multiple holes to allow the exhaust a bit of forwards or backwards movement, is there anywhere i could get some sort of spacer or different rubbers to bring the back box in a bit, or should i scrap it and start again if so what pipe should i go for, also wanna do the 2nd cat soon to

any input would be great

cannot see what difference prodrive box makes,it is designed to fit directly to the oe centre section.
in my opinion the section you bought is wrong,send it back and get a new one from somewhere else.
if they refuse a refund start a dispute through paypal and you should get money back.