WRX STi '94 Grey Import

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2007, 03:19 AM
lehire
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX STi '94 Grey Import

Question!

Bought my first scoobie and loving it as is my wife ........BUT!

Insurance is a problem, Mods, well not sure if this has been mentioned or noticed but need advice please help....

On this particular scoobie, there is a little badge riveted to the suspesion mount under the bonnet driver side..... it reads as follows:

'94 - 99/200 made by STi

WTF is this and as soon as i mentioned this to the insurance companies, they would not insure me as they wanted an explation about the badge and further more the underwritters said "dont know and tell him to sod off....we will not insure an special edition"

However, i have found a company willing to insure me for this scoobie and explained everything about the car and its mods......

But im sure someone will say "why say anything about it just insure it as a normal wrx sti impreza turbo '94"
The answer is simple - if im in an accident - fear! i want to be coverd and have valid insurance as apposed to invailed insurance because i was not specific about the grade of car and other minor details.....
Old 19 December 2007, 08:22 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just insure it as a 94 STI the plaque means that your car was the 99th out of a build of 200.
The early STIs were modified wrxs (with bits and bobs put on them by STI) so it's not a special edition just a limited run of cars.
Old 19 December 2007, 08:48 AM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

thats right, mine is number 85 of 200 sti wagons built, the only difference being that the engine was apparantly handbuilt by subaru technica international, the tuning arm of subaru, and as stated they are just limited run wrx's with a bit more about them.
Old 19 December 2007, 02:23 PM
lehire
Scooby Newbie

wow ok thats what i kinda said to the insurance companiy, there response was well we wount cover you without all specs of engine and that i have to find out what STi had done as this will not be standard....

why are insurance so dificult ask such dumb question about mods..... So if i said to them its a tuning thing, then im gonna get shafted sideways, cause im not gonna know exactly what they have done on the tuning front....

Im so glad there are some people out there with great knowledge, ha... maybe you should work for subaru and be paid high bucks for your knowledge seeing subaru service have no real idea what your talking about...

Thanks a million peeps your a star in a million.. great work thanks!!!
Old 19 December 2007, 02:25 PM
lehire
Scooby Newbie

just one more dumb question?

would this increase the resell value? i do hope it does
Old 19 December 2007, 02:35 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really as the market for early imprezas is quite low (an early wrx can go for £2000-£3000) sorry.

The thing with your car it isn't modded as it came out of the STI factory like that unless it has aftermarket mods done by someone else.

If insurance is a problem speak to Moley WRX in the insurance section on here,he's always willing to help.