Notices

abs fault codes

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2007, 06:19 PM
ianmy99
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs fault codes

Hello there i have 1999 t reg uk v5 impreza turbo and the abs light will not go out i have cleaned all abs sensers no good then i noticed the fluid was about half way and so i topped it up to max then switched on ignition and abs light went out great i thought but no when i drove it abs light came back on so i looked at the level float with tester and it is working ok ? so i looked at me manual 1996-1998 or 2002 model i have not got manual for my 1999 model abs fault code connector by driver side heat vent is not the same as pictured so i have no confidence in connecting to find out me fault codes can anyone help me its me mot in jan many thanks ian
Old 14 December 2007, 03:23 PM
Eprom
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ianmy99
Hello there i have 1999 t reg uk v5 impreza turbo and the abs light will not go out i have cleaned all abs sensers no good then i noticed the fluid was about half way and so i topped it up to max then switched on ignition and abs light went out great i thought but no when i drove it abs light came back on so i looked at the level float with tester and it is working ok ? so i looked at me manual 1996-1998 or 2002 model i have not got manual for my 1999 model abs fault code connector by driver side heat vent is not the same as pictured so i have no confidence in connecting to find out me fault codes can anyone help me its me mot in jan many thanks ian
May be worth measuring the sensors with a meter.
They should all read the same resistance; the one that's different will be the faulty one.
It’s also worth a look at the ABS control module in the engine compartment; make sure no water has got into the electrics.
Old 14 December 2007, 08:45 PM
ianmy99
Scooby Newbie

thanks is it possible it could just need bleeding when i was on way home tonight it seamed to be pulling to one side when i broke hard but by the time i got home it wasnt so noticable werd but abs light still on many thanks ian
Old 15 December 2007, 06:04 AM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

Bleeding is very unlikley to fix a light, you need to get a meter across each sensor, they are usually very obvious if they have failed....

Simon
Old 25 February 2009, 01:44 PM
eddie_gt4
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ianmy99
similar problem here...
I have a MY'00 Impreza Turbo (LHD) and ABS light goes on from time to time

can someone tell where exactly connector for reading ABS fault codes is located and what color does it have

thanks in advance