Notices

Tuning packages for a Hawkeye WRX..need your advice & experiences!

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2007, 09:46 PM
chrisola
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning packages for a Hawkeye WRX..need your advice & experiences!

Since getting my hawkeye WRX 2.5, i miss my old classics burble and have started looking into mods! It's a GREAT car, but so damn quiet...

I miss the classics turbo whistle and the burble

My classic was standard except for the Ninja cat back system, and i think the previous owner may have done a DIY airbox mod.

What i'm after:
-Bit more noise from the exhaust
-Bit more noise from the induction side
-Some sort of roll reducing suspension upgrade (probably the powerstation stage 1 - £400+ vat)
-Bit more power & torque

Any bits have GOT to be road legal (NO decats) and not unfeasibly mega loud...

So far i've been looking at packages from Powerstation, Scooby Clinic and the PPP one. I've looked at TSL but i don't want 333hp.

Basically, can anyone offer a bit of advice \ help and if anyone can recommend another company who will offer packages that would be great?

Budget? £1500ish all in with VAT and fitting.

Scooby Clinic:
Performance Package 1 (approx. 275bhp)
3" Stainless Full Exhaust System (could be DECAT..)
K+N Typhoon Cold Air Induction Kit
ECU Remap
PACKAGE DEAL PRICE £1399

Powerstation:
Street Legal Package
EcuTek Re-Map
3" Milltek Exhaust with Sports CAT
K&N Filter
~290bhp @ £1399

PPP
260bhp \ 310lbft (!) £1600 on the Subaru website

OR

Perhaps i could gather the bits separately (even 2nd hand) and go to someone like BR or AndyF?

Thanks in advance for any ideas
Old 05 December 2007, 12:45 PM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any exhaust change at all is not strictly road legal......the powerstation sports cat does not comply with construction and use regs!

To get more induction noise you can either remove the intake silencer assembly under the drivers inner wing completely, or cut off and glass over the resonator entrance and refit and use the stock under hood ramair scoop.

Best way of balancing the suspension with less roll is to invest in an Sti rear ARB (from a breaker your looking at less than £40) and taking it from their, the STi bar gives much more neutral feel to teh handling and although it doesn't reduce roll by a great amount it feels like it has is its not leaning over the front wheel so much - it makes such a difference you won't believe it until you try it!

You can get a nice burble with just a rear box change without going too loud (depending on what you want) and without a decat any other changes to the exhaust are of a much smaller benefit.

Then its a remap to get the best of what you have....a PPP is fully road legal and will give you a good increase in power and torque while keeping the warranty intact, but its pricey!

Simon