Notices

94 wrx not starting

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2007, 08:55 PM
jami3-wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 wrx not starting

my wrx has been running a bit funny for a few days when it gets warmed up, loss of power, no boost etc, for the first 20 mins it goes gr8 then it goes funny, tonight i was out in it and stopped for 5 mins, when i started up n tried 2 drive away it cut out n now it wont start, any help plz jamie
Old 03 November 2007, 12:14 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

iv got a prob with my 94 wrx not starting either, think mine is due to the fuel pump/fuel relay fault,my fuel pump is not making a noise at all when I turn the ignition on or when I try starting it.
my spark plugs were all changed a month ago,I had 'check engine' light coming on which were for the MAF and IACV which iv now replaced but still wouldnt start, so im waiting for a new fuel pump and hopefully thats it.

When I took a fule hose off in the engine bay only a sputter of fuel came out and I believe it should be flowing out.

Does your fuel pump make a noise?
Old 03 November 2007, 05:51 PM
jami3-wrx
Scooby Regular

my fuel pump isnt making any noise either, were goin 2 try and run a live feed 2 the pump 2 see if it works or not! will keep you posted if we cure it ok, jamie
Old 03 November 2007, 07:27 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

A common problem with the fuel pumps on the early WRX's is the black electrical connector under the rear seat.

Take the rear seat out and make sure the connector isn't damaged or corroded at all.

I had a similar problem, and it turned out the pump had failed. Worth upgrading to a Walbro if you do end up changing it
Old 04 November 2007, 05:02 PM
jami3-wrx
Scooby Regular

can any of you guys tell me which relay is for the fuel pump on my car? or even a pic would b better, thanx, jamie
Old 04 November 2007, 08:30 PM
djquest
Scooby Regular

i have the same car as you. the relay for the fuel pump is located behind the dash. it would be easier if you just take the rear seat off. check the connector as mentioned above. the conencter is on the right passenger side. its a small white block. open this and check it. if it all looks ok. i would then put the key in the ignition and turn it to on. then get a multimeter and check if their is voltage comming through. if all looks ok. then reconnect the connter back and check at the fuel pump. if thats fine then you have a dodgey fuel pump.

in my case i had faulty fuel pump and faulty black electircal wire had burned out in the connecter. i replace fuel pump with walbro and rewired the burnt electrical wire using a block conenctor.

i hope that helps. regards

djquest

i hope that helps.