Notices

Scooby Clinic????

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2007, 11:13 PM
woolfy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby Clinic????

Hi people. I have just bought a 24k mile, standard P1 in great condition.

I am after finding out if Scooby clinic are a well thought of garage to use for tuning and servicing the Scooby?

Firstly i am after a straight forward service and spanner check and then im after something like a full Blitz Nur spec, Air filter and an ecu remap.... Will they be able to do a good job for me? I would like a safe and reliable 330bhp to start off with.

Cheers.

And if not who is best to use... knowledge/customer service/cost etc.
Old 21 October 2007, 02:06 AM
snowyEJ20
Scooby Regular

Yea...They are up there with the best...Check out their web site.
Old 21 October 2007, 03:35 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Very well respected Call Adam, or his biatch James for all the advice you could ever need.
Old 21 October 2007, 06:44 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Yea thumbs up from me
Old 21 October 2007, 07:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

yes, very well respected on here. never used them myself, as im cloder to another specilaists, but ive heard good things on the whole.
Old 22 October 2007, 12:01 AM
WRX101
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't get any major work done on my car from them, personally. They are probably alright if you're buying the odd part but I wouldn't trust my car with them.
Old 22 October 2007, 12:05 AM
WRX101
Scooby Regular

I wouldn'y get any major work done with them, personally. They might be alright if you're just buying the odd part but I wouldn't trust my car with them.
Old 22 October 2007, 04:52 AM
RICH S202
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX101
I wouldn'y get any major work done with them, personally. They might be alright if you're just buying the odd part but I wouldn't trust my car with them.
What????????
Elaborate please.............
Old 22 October 2007, 02:19 PM
WRX101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RICH S202
What????????
Elaborate please.............
Didn't mean to put it twice for starters.
I have a number of suspicions about them all of which I wont go into here. However, a mate of mine went to them when he got his Subaru and I tagged a long. I have to say they were expensive and more than happy to take your money from you. Sure we've all got to earn a living but that kind of blatant over eagerness is unnecessary and off putting in my opinion. I've come across a number of other people who have had less than satisfactory dealings with them and others who have had good service from them. So who knows, you might get lucky - I'd rather take my chances els where, thats all.
Old 22 October 2007, 03:40 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I have a number of suspicions about them all of which I wont go into here. However, a mate of mine went to them when he got his Subaru and I tagged a long. I have to say they were expensive and more than happy to take your money from you. Sure we've all got to earn a living but that kind of blatant over eagerness is unnecessary and off putting in my opinion. I've come across a number of other people who have had less than satisfactory dealings with them and others who have had good service from them. So who knows, you might get lucky - I'd rather take my chances els where, thats all.
each to their own i guess. but when like me, you have never had dealings with people and you get a mixture of good and bad reviews, kinda put doubt in there. i always thought they were expensive as theyre workmanship was excellent.

SCOO8Y_MAD seems to like their services... along with others, many others
Old 22 October 2007, 05:19 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Enthusiasim can be taken for over eagerness, you probably delt with myself Adam and I am very enthusiatic sometimes to an annoying level!

A, because I genuinley love everything about scoobs!
B, because I have spent a lot of my hard earned on the products we sell and know how good they really are hence me bouncing about.

This is not hard sell just genuine enthusiasm from a chap who loves his job.

So if I have given you the wrong impression I must appologise as that is not what we are about.

Cheers

Ads

Back on topic if woolfy would like to bring his P1 to us, pop over when ever it suits for a free coffee and a no obligation to buy guided tour of everything we do and if the dyno is running you can watch a car being put through it's paces great fun!
Old 22 October 2007, 08:30 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by woolfy
I would like a safe and reliable 330bhp to start off with.

Cheers.

And if not who is best to use... knowledge/customer service/cost etc.
Mine has been in scoobyclinic a couple of time's and mine runs just under 500bhp
Old 22 October 2007, 08:38 PM
lovinmescoob
Scooby Regular

Well, for what it's worth, and at the end of the day it's upto you where you take your Scoob, but for me they are a great set of guy's at the Clinic, and when I had an issue with my Scoob, Adam couldn't have been more helpful(topman), and I'll be there early next month for my55's second service.
See you soon Adam and will bring the beer that I said I would last time I was there!!!
Old 22 October 2007, 08:47 PM
aRSekicker
Scooby Regular

hi m8 i visited the clinic last week 4 the 1st time

i must say as you drive up the driveway you do think shall i turn around ?

but honestly soon as you meet the guys have a chat and get shown around you soon realise its not all 4 show and you not just paying 4 there overheads

most of the guys own scoobs and have a passion 4 them and really know their stuff as its all tried and tested and have alot of kit 4 all your needs

they got me in at the last minute and put there selves out 2 fit me in and do the jobs i wanted doing all at a very reasonable price

also the parts that were knackered on my car were all shown 2 me and prooved they needed replacing not like some garages just tell you !

so definite big thumbs up from me and scoobyclinic will be the only place my car will go 4 any work

big thanks 2 adam and kev and all the staff all the best in the future lads
Old 22 October 2007, 08:47 PM
woolfy
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by specialx

Back on topic if woolfy would like to bring his P1 to us, pop over when ever it suits for a free coffee and a no obligation to buy guided tour of everything we do and if the dyno is running you can watch a car being put through it's paces great fun!
Ill be up tommorow morning bud... 0900hrs sharp for a service before i pop off to work... looking forward to it.
Old 22 October 2007, 09:05 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
each to their own i guess. but when like me, you have never had dealings with people and you get a mixture of good and bad reviews, kinda put doubt in there. i always thought they were expensive as theyre workmanship was excellent.

SCOO8Y_MAD seems to like their services... along with others, many others
Cheers mate for the mention

I love scoobyclinic. They are great. I, myself and my dad have had dealings with them and they are A class in my eyes. There is only company that I would take my scooby and future scoobies to!

I would suggest that you go along and have that mug of coffee and see for yourself what Clinic are like and if you don't like, no-one is hurt.
Old 23 October 2007, 06:32 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD
Cheers mate for the mention

I love scoobyclinic. They are great. I, myself and my dad have had dealings with them and they are A class in my eyes. There is only company that I would take my scooby and future scoobies to!

I would suggest that you go along and have that mug of coffee and see for yourself what Clinic are like and if you don't like, no-one is hurt.
dont get much more biased than that...

seriously if you go there and dont like what you see, you say goodbye and go elsewhere.
Old 23 October 2007, 06:50 AM
scoobzie
Scooby Regular

hi m8 i have never been to the clinic myself but will be going down from glasgow to them about a engine build as they have a really good reputation all over the uk to me the prices are excellent you only get what you pay for cheers scoobzie
Old 23 October 2007, 09:00 AM
D1CCY
Scooby Regular

I practically live there at the moment. I've had a bad run of breaking things on track. I ring them up and they say bring it in straight away and always find me a courtesy car. Their labour is charged at £35/hr (+vat) where some stealers charge double that. Best thing is that they can do anything for a Scoob so they will always solve any problem. Sometimes a bit hard to catch them on the phone but if you saw Adam whizzing about you'd understand why.
Old 23 October 2007, 09:30 AM
GREEDO
Scooby Regular

Ive not been to the clinic for approx 2 years now after a few issues with them.Now dont get me wrong they do have a couple of very good lads up there,but my problem was with others.
Now bear in mind with my previous scoob i had spent approx 9k on various things,so when i was wanting some problems sorting on my next one i thought i would be ok
1.slight oil leak.Had 3 different trips up there as could not sort.The bill was approx £6-700 as all gaskets/seals had to be done each time.Walked away with it still not done as there incompetence was setting alarm bells off.
2.Had e-boost fitted which seemed ok,then the following week round donno park,all of a sudden lost all boost.Thought OMG. Got straight in to TSL and would you believe it but clinic had only ran a pipe straight over turbo causing it to collapse
3.The final nail in the coffin was when i sold a scoob to my brother.Now we were off to oulton park and his starting playing up(bearing in mind we had just picked it up on route from clinic as was having misfire probs) .Now kev assured us was ok as he had diognosed a coil pack down,and fitted a new one.
Well we evetually got to our track day,mine all singing and dancing and bros spluttering. His £200 day ruined,so i let him out in mine.
We made our journey straight down to clinic not very happy.Tried charging us for 3 more coil packs and a 2 bar sensor .At this point we had had enough and said we thought it could be plugs,so in went a new set and hey presto. Told clinic to put all old stuff back on and off we went thinking why the hell did a supposedly top place not pick up something as simple as that.
In my experience over last 6 yrs and 8 scoobs i have found the only place within 100mile radius who you can trust 100% to mod/fault find and general work is CARNETIX.
All the above is only my experiance,but trust me i know and have spoken to alot of people who share similar experiances as mine.
Scoobyclinic are well over rated in my book.
Old 23 October 2007, 09:48 AM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

you will always get an equal balance of good and bad for any business.
Old 23 October 2007, 10:11 AM
Nobbie
Scooby Regular

I've only used them once, and that was when i brought my first scooby that i still own.
I've built vx engines to race spec, but didn't have the time or know how to do it on the scooby, so i took it to them for a check over, and a cambelt/tensioner.

I knew the car had been a cat d, and had a few marks on the front chassis rails where it had been bent, and they were very quick to tell me, which was fine, as i don;t like beating around the bush.
Thought that while they were doing the work i'd pop into chesterfield quickly and grab some grub and get shopping, there courtesy car was a shed, most things didn't work, and it was quite scary, but fun too!

After coming back I paid circa £400, which didn't worry me as they know what they're doing. 10k miles later, i'm still happy with there work, and have brought disks off them too.

Their prices are quite high if your fitting stuff yourself, i've done pads, fluids, de-cat, etc, and brought from cheaper suppliers, but they don't charge much to fit it, if you do buy it there.
Ii'd always advise getting them to check out a car before you buy it, if your in that area.

As said i've heard good and bad from alot of tuners for alot of makes, Regal Vs Courtenay for one, some good, some bad.

Take the balance, go and make your own choice, above all talk to as many people as you can, and actually go to these places and talk to them yourself, if you like and trust them, go for it.
Old 23 October 2007, 10:58 AM
scoobitch
Scooby Newbie

Default clinic rocks

Both me and my boyfriend get our cars done at clinic and would
NEVER go anywhere else, service is fab, they everything about scoobs, and after service/advice also fab!!you even get a good laugh fae the boys
My wagon there at the moment having the SC450 package, and my boyfriend got the the Sc400 package an extras done on his WRX, cannot fault them on anything!!!!

Old 23 October 2007, 12:19 PM
mattferret
Scooby Regular

never actually been there but have purchased items from them.. Adam is, as he admits, very enthusiastic - and so it does make you feel easier to part with money, but thats not his fault its just he makes you feel enthusiastic also

im still waiting on some items from them but with the postal problems i cant really blame them for that yet
Old 23 October 2007, 12:55 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Use clinic all the time, spent a fortune up there, and still do lol

As far as price goes, everytime i have major work done i shop around, and i always end up going back to the clinic cos there cheaper and i know they do a top job.

Complaining that a company is to enthusiastic about a car is bit like saying you'd rather have someone not giving a toss about it, come on, who would you rather have working on your car, a company that lives, eats, sleeps and breaths scoobs or a company that just doesn't care and uses a book or computer to try to solve a problem?

While i have had a very good track record with them, there has been the ocasional problem crop up, it does with any company, and where they have realy excelled for me is how they treat me when theres a problem, i have never been turned away no mater what time and on one occasion my car was picked up on a trailor just in case, it turned out to be nothing other than bad overboost in the end, but they still did it and didn't charge me for the pick up.
Old 23 October 2007, 01:25 PM
garetgax
Scooby Regular

adam your a star mate even if you do take the p@ss out of my cosack dancing key ring. The clinic guys are great and have even helped with my evo and shells GT4. defo send your car there if you close enough wolfy!!
Old 23 October 2007, 02:45 PM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GREEDO
Ive not been to the clinic for approx 2 years now after a few issues with them.Now dont get me wrong they do have a couple of very good lads up there,but my problem was with others.
Now bear in mind with my previous scoob i had spent approx 9k on various things,so when i was wanting some problems sorting on my next one i thought i would be ok
1.slight oil leak.Had 3 different trips up there as could not sort.The bill was approx £6-700 as all gaskets/seals had to be done each time.Walked away with it still not done as there incompetence was setting alarm bells off.
2.Had e-boost fitted which seemed ok,then the following week round donno park,all of a sudden lost all boost.Thought OMG. Got straight in to TSL and would you believe it but clinic had only ran a pipe straight over turbo causing it to collapse
3.The final nail in the coffin was when i sold a scoob to my brother.Now we were off to oulton park and his starting playing up(bearing in mind we had just picked it up on route from clinic as was having misfire probs) .Now kev assured us was ok as he had diognosed a coil pack down,and fitted a new one.
Well we evetually got to our track day,mine all singing and dancing and bros spluttering. His £200 day ruined,so i let him out in mine.
We made our journey straight down to clinic not very happy.Tried charging us for 3 more coil packs and a 2 bar sensor .At this point we had had enough and said we thought it could be plugs,so in went a new set and hey presto. Told clinic to put all old stuff back on and off we went thinking why the hell did a supposedly top place not pick up something as simple as that.
In my experience over last 6 yrs and 8 scoobs i have found the only place within 100mile radius who you can trust 100% to mod/fault find and general work is CARNETIX.
All the above is only my experiance,but trust me i know and have spoken to alot of people who share similar experiances as mine.
Scoobyclinic are well over rated in my book.
That's poor, spark plugs should be the first port of call for misfires, then you work out from there...simple mechanics, even I know that and I've done it on my old 2L when I had a misfire reported on the secs monitor.
Old 23 October 2007, 03:20 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by swisstonihasher
That's poor, spark plugs should be the first port of call for misfires, then you work out from there...simple mechanics, even I know that
And you believed him?! I bet you read the sun!
Old 23 October 2007, 04:03 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by specialx
I bet you read the sun!
You're supposed to read it????

Ns04
Old 23 October 2007, 04:16 PM
skywalker23
Scooby Regular

Been down to Scoobyclinic several times since buying my Scoob,never had a problem and always good service,

Had mine and two of my mates Scoobs mapped down there and they did an excellent job..

Give them a try ,you won't regret it....

Quick Reply: Scooby Clinic????