Notices

Ninja Sport Decat + Hayward&Scott magic + DEI heatwrap =

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2007, 09:44 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ninja Sport Decat + Hayward&Scott magic + DEI heatwrap =

My sports cat EXACTLY the way that I wanted it!

I was gutted at the real lack of sports cats on the market with 3" exit options that didn't cost the earth or had to be bought with a whole system.

When the car was last tuned it was commented that the odd exhaust system was most likely hindering performance as it went down to a 2.5" flange at the end of the sport cat, at which point it met a 2.5" flange which then went to a 3" system, most bizarre but I got the car with that exhaust. I bought a Revolution 3" system to replace it.

I spoke to Hayward & Scott about modifying the ninja to a 3" exit as they had done some top class exhaust work for me before and they were happy to and for a really good price as well IMO. Sent the DP off on Monday and Ian did a top job on the conversion, far better than I was expecting but they have always surprised me in the past. Got the DP back on Friday and was a very happy bunny, the outer welds were very good, better than the original ones and the excess inside was kept to a real minimum but being me I still dremeled the inside a little hehe..

Having previously bought a new uppipe from Harvey and seeing how a 'proper' heatwrap should be done instead of the poor attempt at one that was done previously to my DP (not by me!!), I ordered a roll of DEI heatwrap from him at a good price, cheaper than stores over here and he sent it to me before even asking for the money lol . After some sound advice from him with regards to wrapping as well as poss I donned an unwanted workshirt, some chav pants, a set of marigolds and taped them to the cuffs. Looking even dumber than usual I set to work. Took a good couple of hours but this was the end result:

It would have looked tidier but I decided to double wrap the main cat section as I had spare and I was being ****.

Muchas grassy **** to both Hayward & Scott and Harvey, don't really think I could have done a better job if I tried .

Sorry if I bored anyone with that, just something to add to the archives if it helps anyone! .

Cheers,

Nick

Last edited by Mr Footlong; 25 October 2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Speeeeling erroows